
This letter one of my friends sent her husband yesterday cracked me up. It so very much reminded me of when my husband was out of town for almost two weeks earlier this month and just about everything went wrong: the brakes went out in my car so I was pretty much stranded out in the country, the cow got out every day, once she took off overnight and it took me and one of our sons over two hours to find her and herd her and her calf back in, the goats kept getting out, I had to tolerate the horribly disgusting smell of a billy goat my husband had conveniently arranged to be dropped off and stay while he himself was out of town -- and the doorknob broke off of the front door. Maybe I'll write about that another day...
'Nuff about me, here is my friend's letter to her man yesterday. Names have been changed to protect the guilty. I love her style...
Just had to tell you how my morning went...
I went out to mow the lawn...
First I checked to see how Adam did on picking up dog poop. I think he miss-understood and just went around and smeared it in the lawn everywhere (besides the 10-15 piles he missed)...
It took me about 20 minutes to get the mower started...
Everytime I shut it off I had a hard time starting it again (I really think we need to buy a new one!)...
The lawn was wet and mushy and the grass kept coming out of the bottom of the mower in clumps...big pain!
I finally finished after it had started raining...(I am soooo ready for sunshine!)
My pants and shoes were a complete mess from wet grass and smeared dog poop...
When I went to wash off my shoes outside, the hose squirt all over me...
I figured after all that I was deserving of a manicure, so I relaxed for the next 1/2 hour and tried to forget the lawn, the rain and the dog poop!
Thanks for the manicure!
Cyndi
Do any of you have a lovely story you can thank your hubby for?
1 comment:
I am glad to see The Shack on your reading list. One of my favorite parts of The Shack: When Mac asks if what he does is important, the answer: because you are important everything you do is important. If anything matters, everything matters.
Post a Comment