;; But I Had A Tiara: Blooming Sideways

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Blooming Sideways



(Fromthe 18th of April)


On another day, I will write about the beautiful place where we live. It is what "inspired" today's musings.

The view from the bathtub in our master bathroom is mostly a beautiful stand of evergreen trees. I think they are Fir Trees because of the yellow shower of pollen that comes from them this time of year (this week in fact), coating everything around here in a thin film of yellow powder.

As I was relaxing in the tub last week, while the rest of the house was still quiet (maybe I got the idea from Christa!), I particularly noticed a more spindly tree growing in the midst of those giants (see pic above, to left and going across and up). It is growing there in the shade of the big trees -- and it is blooming! It doesn't refuse to bloom because it isn't getting much sunshine and warmth. Apparently it is making the best of it's situation and even grows somewhat sideways to get the most it can out of what sunshine it does get. It isn't just standing there waiting for sunshine to come to it. It is going out and looking for it!

I think that I, too, shall choose to bloom - even on my shady days.

Even if it's sideways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about being a light for Jesus! When we bloom, even in our shady days, we are showing His light.

Sing with me..."this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine let it shine let it shine!"

Sarah Vertner said...

Spring is such a great time to think of our growth in our faith....I hope each year I am developing more blooms than the year before, even if it isn't in the standard way...

... or maybe your/my tree needs a V8 ;-)

(sorry ;-) I am only capable of being serious for so long!)