My baby has had a rash for a year. I have tried lotions and ointments, changes in diet, avoiding certain foods all together, naturopaths, delayed response allergy testing, chiropractors -- today I took him to the allergist. He has only one slight, possible allergy, to weeds. This is not causing his skin rash. (He has something called Keratosis Pilaris. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris)
We can spend a whole lot of time and energy trying to figure things out, to "go natural", to be healthy and not use chemicals or preservatives and only eat grass fed meat. And we can still have "conditions". We can spend a year trying to solve a skin problem -- totally change a baby's diet, spend lotsa bucks on what might be a cure and sleepless nights wondering - then walk into the allergist one day and find out it was all for naught.
Isn't that just like our walk with God? We can spend our lives trying to figure things out, to do things just right, we can exert and expend and exort and excel -- but our dependence has to be on God. He has all of the answers. Thanks God, for the gentle reminder...
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sometimes it makes me want to throw out all the so-called knowledge on living natural that I have acquired. Maybe I was a happier person when I didn't know! I know I worry too much about it all and that can't be healthy! You are so right. He is the only answer to all our questions.
How apropos...
Post a Comment