I am doing research, as I have time, for a project I began several years ago. I call it "My Tiara Project". It is (as I am!)a work in progress...
I am eventually looking for real life stories and testimonies about the following:
~ Expectations (about yourself, others or God)
~ Self-Esteem (high or low)
~ The Perfection Trap
~ Comparing yourself to others
... and how these/this has affected your life or lives of people you know.
This week's specific request is for stories or testimonies about:
~ Expectations/Disappointments (about yourself, others or God)
I don't want to give much detail about it because I want ladies to have that specific "thing" pop into their mind without me putting parameters on it. You can go as much or as little into depth as you feel comfortable with. I would just love real life stories from real, honest-to-goodness ladies. None of us are alone in our journey and it is so refreshing to read about others walking the same paths and sharing the same struggles, but in a different story. It could be something you have experienced or read, or some thoughts you have about expectations. You might already know after having just read the word. Maybe it made you start feeling heavy, or sad, or hopeful or...
I am not yet sure to what degree this info will be used. I felt a pull in my spirit several years ago to create a Bible Study for women about specific topics, including the list above. Being a woman myself, maybe God is having me write it just for myself. I don't know. Maybe for a ladies conference or a tea, maybe God will use further. Maybe a submission to a magazine -- or even a book. I just don't know! I have been at it for a few years in theory, in thought, in prayer and pondering, but it is time for me to start getting more serious about putting all of the pieces together.
Please email to me at CTBunch@aol.com under the heading Tiara Project/Expectations. Please let me know if it is okay to use your name associated with it in future writings, or if you'd prefer it remain private. Thank you! And stay tuned for the website specifically for this to be ready to read in the coming months.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment