;; But I Had A Tiara: Spring Reading Thing 2008 and My Bookshelf

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring Reading Thing 2008 and My Bookshelf

I have had a list of books I have been wanting to read and I just found out about The Spring Reading Thing 2008! It seems I always have a stack under my bed, in the diaper bag or stashed in the car "just in case" I get a moment to read one. I usually have too many and often don't even get all of the way through them. So, here is my preliminary list of books I want to get all the way through this spring (I might add more but want to make it practical for now, since I joined the SRT2008 late):

Total Forgiveness
A Thankful Heart
Age of Opportunity
The Shack
Do Hard Things
Teach Them Diligently
The Heart of Anger (re-read)


My bookshelf will help me organize my thoughts about each book.I love this new "widget"! I can put all of the books I love on here and then review them. I can add books I want to read, rate them, make comments and write reviews as I read them.

This will help me get through more books, give me a way to keep track of them, and share my thoughts on them:) Even when The Spring Reading Thing 2008 is past.

5 comments:

christa jean said...

That is so cool that the book I grabbed from Goodwill is by the same author of your book "Total Forgiveness"... !
I thought it a funny coincidence when I read in the introduction this morning, "'Total forgiveness' is the expression Joseph Ton used when he kindly warned me of a wrong attitude I had in a very sensitive situation a few years ago. Looking firmly and compasssionately into my eyes Joseph said, 'R.T., you must forgive them TOTALLY. Until you release them you will be in chains. Total forgiveness is the only way.' What is more, I could see, it is the way God forgives us for the sake of Jesus Christ
(Eph 4:32)"
It will be fun to compare notes!

Youthful One said...

I may have to get your widget just for the list keeping factor. I've read more these last few months than I have over the last few years, it seems. And I'm on a roll - it feels like I'm plowing through books at a much greater pace than before, but maybe it's just the particular books.

I really like The Shack - It won't be a long read for you - and I'm anxious to hear your review on it. I just finished it a couple of weeks ago myself.

Sarah Vertner said...

That is so cool!! I need help getting through my list of books. I doubt it will give me more hours in the day to read, but at least I can be sort of organized.... I need to put "getting that widget" on my to-do list... uh oh!

Glad to hear you have The Shack on your list... have I told you I loved that book.

the Shack is an incredible book

you should read the shack

the shack is great!

READ THE SHACK!

(heehee...!)

Anonymous said...

If any of you want that widget, you can click on the button under mine that says "get your own bookshelf".It is a fairly easy process.

Anonymous said...

Theresa says:
I am glad to see The Shack on your reading list. Have you read it? I have had many thought provoking conversations with others since reading that book. Nearly everyone I am close to has read it and it comes up in conversation frequently. I think my favorite part is where Mac asks if what he does is important. The answer: "because you are important, everything you do is important; if anything matters, everything matters."

(this is my big sis. It was posted by me because comment feature isn't working for her tonight)