;; But I Had A Tiara: A Dream Come True

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Dream Come True

I never dreamt
that tender blosoms
would be brown
Or precious angels
could come down
to live in the garden
of my giving heart
But here you are
brown angel

~Walter Dean Meyers


Yesterday was my daughter's birthday. My Daughter. Ahhh, those sweet words.

I think of the first moment I laid eyes on her,

Her newborn, yet wise-old-woman eyes...



Her first birthday...

Sitting on a beach in Hawaii with a floppy hat...


The "booty bounce" way she got from one place to the next...

Days in the sun swimming and sunning and playing...



Of loving and being deeply loved...


I can't believe it has been seven years!

I have a daughter. She is my constant companion, my cheerleader, mini-mama to my baby. She is still my baby girl, yet she is getting so grown up. I prayed specifically -- for dimples, for sweetness and spunk, and so much more -- and God came through abundantly over anything I could ask or think...

She is a Dream Come True.




Happy 7th Birthday Dear, Sweet, Precious Daughter

Prayer

Shout my name to the angels
Sing my song to the skies
Anoint my ears with wisdom
Let beauty fill my eyes

For I am dark and precious
And have such gifts to give
Sweet joy, sweet love,
Sweet laughter
Sweet wondrous life to live

~Walter Dean Meyers

5 comments:

christa jean said...

What a beautiful gift you are to the world, Elisabeth. Happy Birthday from those Cheston Chicks! ;-D We love ya!

Sarah Vertner said...

I'm teary... she is such a precious gift. Thank you, Brady family, for sharing your lives... what a treasure you all are, your lives are, and of course, finest gold and precious gems - that Elisabeth is! Happy Day for her and all of you.

Unknown said...

O sweet, precious Elisabeth! She is truly a heavenly creature!
Love you, Tiff...

Kismet said...

That was a beautiful tribute to your beautiful daughter.
It is easy to see how she inspires prayers of poetry.

~K!


www.kismet.blogs.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Elisabeth.
We love you so much.
Thank you for being a part of our lives as you have enriched it with your your YOU-ness. :)

Your sister Amy says "Happy Birthday! I can't believe you're SEVEN!"