
It is 11 at night and I just finished cleaning our fridge. It has been a busy day! I also was able to get many of the veggies cut up for our Thanksgiving meal.

Here is the main part of the fridge. I got all of our shopping for Thanksgiving done today and I was even able to fit it all in the fridge. Well, except for the two turkeys, which are iced in a cooler waiting to be put into brine tomorrow.
You can't see the containers very well, down in the produce bins, but I washed all of the produce in the produce wash and got it cut up and ready for use. This is often a goal of mine as I bring groceries home. I rarely get it done until right before I use it. So I am going to sleep tonight feeling like my ducks are at least sort of in a row.

Below is our refrigerator door. Obviously it is full. We have many condiments as well as health supplements in the door. The garage looking thing is a special compartment for dairy products. We can set it to stay cooler than the rest of the fridge.

Thanks for keeping me accountable. When people ask me how I have time to blog, I think about things like this, where blogging helps me stay more organized, and I can honestly answer people by telling them so. With the busy-ness of this week, I definitely would not have gotten this done if I hadn't told you I would be raiding my fridge! If any of you decide to do the same, post anytime this week.
I was thinking about what I'd like to make sure I get done for Pantry Raid next week. For me, it will be the loose ends I need to take care of from this week in the kitchen. I will need to make sure all of my special hand wash dishes get washed and put away and check the fridge and pantry to be sure they are still clean and straightened. I will need to make sure there is no gravy dripping down the fronts of the cabinets and no boil overs going rancid in the oven. I will need to make sure I make broth from the turkey bones and use or freeze the leftovers. And who knows what else? So next week, it will be Pantry Raid: Thanksgiving Cleanup.
Have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving!
4 comments:
Can't wait to see your menu!
-sandy toes
I am still working on thinking about my pantry. It's bleak.
Looks fantastic!! Got mine cleaned out and fit all the Thanksgiving groceries in the fridge, amazing. Didn't have room for the turkey so left it in the back of the car and it is still frozen solid. Hmm...Have a happy Thanksgiving.
Tiffany, I would like to play. I could easily show my yucky over stuffed fridge, and then my nice clean orderly fridge, but I think it would sorta be unfair. You see my fridge is on the blink. It's dripping water continually on the inside and freezing anything on one shelf and inside one of the drawers. So a new fridge will be arriving, believe it or not, TODAY!!! I'm very excited about this. So my after picture will be sparkling and orderly. Is that cheating? Happy Wedenesday.
Your fridge is orderly and it looks like all your ducks are in a row. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sounds like you did too. Hugs, Kathi
Post a Comment