I have been tired lately and believe in nutritional healing for many things, so I have begun seeing a new naturopath. She promptly put me on a diet for health (though it sure would be nice to lose some weight as an added benefit, since I seem unable to).
My diet calls for unlimited veggies. I love veggies. I have no problem with this. I am looking forward to trying all sorts of new veggie recipes. Last night I bought brussels sprouts, asparagus, squash and salad fixings.
I can have unlimited butter and olive oil. I have no problem with this.
I can have fruit, as long as it is an hour away from other food. I am not a fruit freak, so will probably pass this up.
I must eat a serving, at least the size of my palm, of dense protein, three times per day, and at least one bite of protein every 2 hours. Whhhhoooaaaa. Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?
This plagues me.
I am not very carnivorous.
But I'm gonna do it. Oh yes I am.
I'm gonna. Swallow. Every. Last. Bite.
Gulp.
I think I can do alot of it by adding chicken or steak to my salads. I love salads. And I can have whatever dressings I'd like as long as they do not contain dairy. I cannot have dairy. Oh well.
I cannot have bread or grains or nuts or seeds. This I grieve. Just the bread. Goodbye my beautiful bread. I will look forward to that day when we shall meet again.
I must take supplements, which are not bad in and of themselves. But I must chew them at least a little. This is not a good thing. They are not classified as chewable. I know why.
Thankfully I am supposed to drink at least 2 and a half quarts of water each day. So I slightly chew a mouthful of little bits of dehydrated fish and algae then quickly wash down. Then I can gnaw on a hunk of meat to get the granules out of my teeth.
Tea and coffee is okay too, but only 1 cup of caffeine per day, and it must be before noon. You know it will be Zhena's Raspberry Earl Grey. And thankfully my Zhena's Fireside Chai is decaf. Good ole Lemon Zinger and my Republic of Tea teas will be soothing too.
And, like I told my friend, I am so happy we added a beautiful bathroom to our house recently. I am sure with all of that water and tea, I will be spending quite a bit of time in there.
6 comments:
Wow, don't you love this specific plan? I mean, it might be a smidgen all encompassing for your days to make sure you hit them all, but at least they are do-able. And hopefully this will bring beautiful healing to your body! Yay that you were not handed a bunch of meds and asked to see the doc in 2 weeks.
Between healthy eating and prayer, I'm confident that God will bring the kind of health and peace that is perfect for your body.
Praying for you, sister!
I am so glad that you have a plan in front of you now. I do much better with a plan myself. Keep us posted on how you are feeling. I will be praying for you.
Love ya!
Once again, you inspire me...
I think I want to be a Tiffany when I grow up.
I would like to go on the Cheese and Bread diet. That one isn't so good for you though!
After you get the hang of this you should post a day in the life! I am always looking for creative vegetable ideas. Steamed veggies gets old.
~K'lyn
(blogger isn't letting me login today?!)
Would hard boiled eggs count for dense protein?! Or does it HAVE to be chicken, etc. That's what I wouldn't mind eating every couple hours! A hard boiled egg sprinkled with sea salt, or egg salad, or eggs on salad.
I would be sooo sad about the bread too. :-(
I know you will enjoy this. One thing that makes it much easier is when you buy your veggies, get them all cut and cleaned so they are always ready for a snich or snack. I am moving in this direction, this I know.
Post a Comment