Did you get all excited when you read the title of this post, thinking I was going to share something really juicy that I need to forgive someone for? Oh well, this is better. Not more fun, but BETTER:)
My friend K told me the author of one of my current favorite books, Total Forgiveness, has been on Focus on the family several times this week, drawing from parts of his book for discussion.I am going to listen to it. Here's the link if you want to listen to it too.
If you do, please leave a comment and tell me what you think, what parts struck you particularly, etc. I'd love to discuss it so it sticks in my brain.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have listened to 2.5 of the 3 broadcasts. So far it has been so good I want to start over and take notes. Dr. Dobson said something to the affect of... This is one of the single most important books he has read in the past decade. He said he didn't care where or how someone got this book, just go get it and read it! So I am gonna do that!
One more post that is helpful(Looks like someone took care of the notes for me!...
The following is a summary/outline of the points made by guest R.T. Kendall on our radio program "Finding True Forgiveness."
Seven Steps to Forgiveness
* Do not let anyone know what someone said about, or did to you.
* Do not allow anyone to be afraid of your or intimidated by you.
* Allow them to forgive themselves and not feel guilty.
* Let them save face. Protect them from their darkest secret and greatest fear.
* It is a lifelong commitment.
* Pray for them to be blessed.
What Forgiveness is Not
* Approval of what they did.
* Excusing what they did.
* Justifying what they did.
* Pardoning what they did.
* Reconciliation.
* Denying what they did.
Post a Comment