Our church is great at doing whatever they can to make you feel at home amongst hundreds, sometimes thousands, of people. Last night was no exception. Just walking in and being handed a "foo-foo" drink complete with a tiny umbrella, made me feel special to begin with. Then the lobby had several bohemian looking tents, each with a different part of dinner in it. There was the appetizer tent and the dessert tent. Then we each got a chinese take out box of pad thai.
When I walked into the "Garage" as they call it (the church is housed in a warehouse) it was as if it was decorated just for me. There were paper lanterns of red, orange and yellow in varying sizes hung from the ceiling. The ceiling had been "lowered" by draping fabric of yellow and orange then hanging lights below it.
The back tables were high up bistro tables, then medium tables and the very front tables were actually for people sitting on the floor on pillows. Each table had several bottles with candles in them (think 1970's with a modern feel) and at least one lantern with a candle burning in it. The mood was definiely set for an intimate evening of womanly chat and sharing.


I knew someone named Christina was going to talk about her journey of cancer. But I was not prepared for the impact she would have on my own journey. I will be writing much more about last night, but I wanted to at least "set the stage", so to speak, until I have time to really get my thoughts collected enough to share. I will complete this post later so please check back this week. I really want you all to hear what Christina had to share about Peace that passes all understanding. And I will post the link when it is online. Again I say -- WOW.
3 comments:
What an awesome night it was. I will be blogging about this as well (though not quite as eloquently as you!). That kind of peace is so real, as we heard...
I am glad that it was such a good night! I am anxious to hear about it. I have a dear friend whose mother is having a double masectomy in May. Her brother in law has Chondrosarcoma (a very aggresive brain cancer). They were diagnosed within 24 hours of each other just this month. I would love to forward any of this woman's testimony to them.
Wow, I'm super bummed I wasn't able to accept the invitation to go to this. It looks like it was fabulous! I'm glad it touched so many people.
Hope I'm free for the next one! :)
Post a Comment