
Bio-Oil: I just started using this. I am planning on using it only at night as it is rather oily. My forehead especially is starting to show signs that I am over 30. I have a few scars, wrinkles and skin discolorations. I like the ingredients and the price of this product. Walgreens has a 30 day return policy if you try something and don't like it. Bio-Oil recommends 3 months, but I figure I should see some kind of progress within 30 days. I'll let you know what I decide.
A Review I Found:
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77822
FanciFull Touch Up Stick: If you are a brunette and you've ever had grow out, especially if you are over 30 like me and starting to get some gray, then you will appreciate this product. I can't tell you how many times my hair has grown too fast, I don't want to recolor too soon and damage it, and I resort to touching up with my old mascara. I remember my step-mom using Fancifull rinse when I was a kid. Now they have a temporary touch up stick. So far I LOVE IT! One source calls it a "hair crayon". I agree.
Olay Regenerist: My Almay Facial Cleanser broke on my road trip last week so I had to toss it. With my now over 30 skin, my gumption to use only natural products has come and gone - one age spot too many on my forehead. So, while I held to my "don't buy it unless you need it " policy and refrained from buying every product they offer, I did buy the Regenerist Cleanser. It took all of my resolve because their spf moisturizer 15 also has a Touch Of Sun product. But I set my stubborn streak to "function" and used it to my benefit for once.
Consumer Reports tested several popular skin care lines last month. One they tested was La Prairie, which you can buy at Nordstrom for prices up to, and maybe exceeding, $550.00, for just one product (including "skin caviar"). Apparently famous faces such as Angelina have given it their approval. The name Angelina=Red Flag it is going to be spendy. I don't remember all Consumer Reports tested, but Olay Regenerist came out on top for results. Today I paid $18.99 at Walgreens...again, just for the cleanser. Not the cheapest, but comparatively, I guess I won't complain. If I don't like what I see during 30 days, I will return it. I am from a family who has used Olay products quite effectively for years. I used to use it myself, but I became allergic to it. I am excited to give this new generation "not my grandma's Olay" a try.
2 comments:
Hey! I'm slightly under 30 and I need a touch-up stick! Maybe I'll try it out, does it leave your hair sticky?
I didn't know you were over 30! ;-)
Post a Comment