;; But I Had A Tiara: Product Review Update:Back to Coconut Oil

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Product Review Update:Back to Coconut Oil

A follow up to this post.

The Bio-Oil is going back to Walgreens.It's not that there is anything wrong with it. It's just that it doesn't do anything my trusty coconut oil doesn't do. I like the feel of coconut oil better, and certainly I like the smell better -- the smell of vacationing on a beach in Hawaii. It's cheaper and multi-purpose. And I often get compliments on my skin when I am using it. What's not to like? (I order my coconut oil in bulk through Azure Standard)

Oil Of Olay Cleanser: Works fine. Somewhat drying. I like the exfoliating beads in it. Mostly I am keeping it because I trust Consumer Reports. So I am trying it for the long term and believing it will really help me look like my forehead is not pushing down so hard on my eyelids.

FanciFul Hair Color Stick: I have discovered it is not only for gray hairs. When you apply a red colored rinse in between permanent coloring, and your gray hairs at the root turn more pink than red, you can touch that up too. It is a little sticky - but so is mascara, and this is easier to apply in larger amounts. Mascara works better for the temples though as you have more control over getting it on your skin and looking like a little girl who colored out of the lines.

2 comments:

christa jean said...

How much comes in "bulk" coconut oil? And do you mind divulging the price?

Mmmmm, I love that smell too and I only cook my eggs in it now, gives them an extra yumminess!

Genny said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love what you say in your sidebar, that friendship among women is a gift! I agree. I'll be back to your blog! So nice to meet you,
Genny