Fall definitely happened upon us this last week. When we arrived at our camping destination there were a few yellow leaves on the ground. When we left it was a carpet! If I had known this was the week, I would have taken before and after pictures. I did enjoy the contradiction of beautiful leaves though, floating by us on the water, displaying their fall colors even as we were splashing around in the summer-like weather.
Soup’s On Saturday began this past Saturday with “The Basics” and will be all about “Yummy Veggie Soups” next Saturday. Post your favorite veggie soup recipe on your blog and I’d love to have you link up. I am especially interested to hear about your favorite seasonal soups, made from local ingredients. It doesn’t have to be for this current season, but there sure are some great seasonal squash soup recipes in season right now…
This week is a busy one. In addition to homeschooling the kidlets, daily activities, and playing catch-up from being gone all week, I have a conference this weekend, so will be gone at dinner time both Friday and Saturday nights. Giving a clap for Jesus that I have some frozen dinners in that freezer!
At our house this week:
Monday: Leftovers from camping (includes biscuits, burritos, and Chicken Masala which my kids are sad to eat without naan bread!)
Tuesday: Fish Tacos (I made the filling ahead and it is in the freezer)
Wednesday: Veggie Soup (I will post about it for Soup’s On Saturday)
Thursday: 1 Dish Taco Bake (except I have too many people in my family so it takes 2-3 dishes, heehee)
Friday: BBQ Ribs and Rice
Saturday: Turkey Almond Casserole from the freezer (the recipe calls for chicken but I used both turkey and chicken as I had both to use up)
Sunday: Eat out? Maybe? I hope?… (Otherwise, I will come up with a crockpot meal because everyone is famished by the time we get home from church).
(For lots of links to other blogs with weekly menus this week, visit www.orgjunkie.com)
Have a cozy week!
3 comments:
Thanks for visiting my blog today! I think we have a lot in common, just from the little I read on your blog. :) I will be reading more! Have a fabulous week! :)
Menu sounds great! Fall has definitely arrived here! We have leaves down all over the place.
I need to get back to doing this Tiff. I used to plan it all out, but got out of the habit when I started teaching at the high school.
I need to start restocking the freezer too. It really does help!
Loves!
Post a Comment