;; But I Had A Tiara: Mundane

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mundane

I am missing blogging this week. Between technical problems with my writer, aircard problems, getting ready for a garage sale that is now rained out, and sickness in the house (including me, BOO) I just can't seem to post.

Here are some mundane facts about our week:

~ My Little man turned FOUR last weekend and we went to a pumpkin patch with him dressed as a pirate. The pumpkin patch has a hay ride that is a pirate ship. It looks like a ship sailing through a corn field. It was perfect. (Pics later, when my face is not about to explode).

~ The kids are doing great in their Language Arts classes. I did not think any of the classes were age appropriate for my girl, but she is taking Creative Writing and is quite good at it.

~ I LOVE Spelling Wisdom.

~ We are trying a new cold medicine called Umcka.

~ I was able to soak out a stain from a shirt I thought I'd lost.

~ It got cold enough to turn the furnace on, but it was stinky. I think something is wrong with it. We all got sick the next day. Coincidence -- or caused by the dust and ickies that came up? I am thankful for the radiant heater that uses the same amount of electricity as a night light. And really, really glad we added individual heaters in the homeschool room. When it's the only warm room in the house, the kids are especially happy to be in there.

~ I got a sweet message from my friend who recently moved to Arizona, that she dreamed about me. I loved hearing from her. I wanted to call her today to talk more, but my ears are plugged.

~ The two younger aged school kids and I have been talking about wanting to meet Buzz Aldron and Neil Armstrong.

~ I have not felt like cooking (garage sale busy-ness and sickness) and have not made anything on my menu since Monday night. Tonight it was Subway $5.00 after 5pm on my way home from getting a hair, nail and brow pick-me-up at the salon.

~ Praying for a dear friend's new twin nephews, about to make an early appearance at 27 weeks, and their mommy and daddy.



Time to go make more hot drinks all around. And blow my nose again. Praying nothing ruptures.

Sniff, sniff,

No comments: