;; But I Had A Tiara: Menu Plan Monday, August 2-9, 2010

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday, August 2-9, 2010

For a ton more menu and recipe ideas, check out this week's Menu Plan Monday over at Organizing Junkie.


Who out there does Once A Month Cooking (OAMC)? Do any of you use your own recipes and make them work for your big cooking day? Or do you use a prescribed menu created by someone else? What are some of your favorite meals?

Before I left to go to India (you can read a couple posts where I reflect about that here and here if you are just popping in from MPM and you’d like to), I cooked and froze enough meals for my family to eat dinner each day with leftovers for lunches. However, apparently, many of the dishes had enough for 2-3 meals. So we still have a number of meals in the freezer, which I now get to enjoy as I get caught up on sleep, housework, school planning, family and friends, and work on some other projects I have brewing.

Those meals sure are coming in handy, and I do believe I want to make it a habit to pre-make at least two weeks worth of meals each month. I am looking for suggestions on healthy, yummy, good-for-the-freezer meals to add to my growing list, so please do tell if you have some you really love!

My meal plan this week is a feeble attempt at re-establishing some sort of routine. All three of my older boys will be out of the country at a couple different orphanages. That cuts down on how much I need to make for dinner by half. I am hoping that means I can also cut down on my time in the kitchen by half! Yep, it’s all about quick and easy while, hopefully, still being healthy. Please forgive the fact that I am not including very many recipe links this week.

In addition to meals I made previously, I will be adding some items (frozen) I bought at Costco, some fresh items I buy at Farmer’s Market and some fresh, seasonal, local produce. I love me some grilled veggies! And, ohhh, do we ever love Oregon blueberries this time of year!

Monday - Grilled Nut’N Berry Sausages (locally made with local ingredients)and seasonal grilled veggies (probably potatoes, corn and zucchini)

Tuesday - Chicken with Mushrooms and Bacon in Wine Sauce and **Last Minute Addition (see below)

Wednesday – Hamburgers with fresh, local green beans seasoned with local pork and onions, watermelon

Thursday – Chicken with Mushrooms and Bacon in Wine Sauce (based loosely on this recipe)

Friday – Pizza from Costco

Saturday - Leftovers

Sunday - Burger Thing at church

Have a great week – and take it easy along with me!


**Last Minute Addition: I clicked on a link I found at this week's MPM, which took me to this cute blog, which I think is dedicated to Pioneer Woman cooking, which, of course, linked me to Pioneer Woman, who I love but don't read because, well, because everyone else does.

So, anyway, I am totally making these on Tuesday night. Because I have not started back on my super strict diet yet since I got back from India. And I am soon, so I wouldn't be able to eat these. And I wanna eat them.

Crash Hot Potatoes

2 comments:

Chaos Cottage said...

I have some freezer recipes in the recipe section of my blog. I like to do it in cooler weather. I tend to use the oven more then. But many omac recipes can be made in the crockpot or you can freeze meat in marinades to grill. Anything to make dinner time simpler.

ToyLady said...

I prefer to make lots of one thing at a time and freeze it in meal-sized portions. Say, spaghetti sauce or chicken and gravy. Maybe lasagna. I love to make a big pot of jambalaya (maybe 6 meals worth) and divide that up before I add the rice - then it's just a matter of heating the sauce and adding a batch of cooked rice.

The trick is keeping track of what's in the freezer and using it up! :)