Since all who know me know I am 29
As of a couple months ago, I have TWO (2) graduates.
My eldest, Mr. Linguistics, will be beginning his last year of studies at university to earn his B.A in Linguistics and is debating whether to go on and earn his PhD. Right this minute he is working at a mission in Zimbabwe and loving it. I think he wants to stay there...
My second son, Mr. Economist, recently graduated high school and already has one year of college under his belt. He will finish up his Associate’s Degree at community college then transfer to a 4 year, probably to earn his B.A. in Economics, with an eye heavily on the alternative energy field.
So, ya, I don’t homeschool them anymore.
But I do have four additional children, three of whom are school aged and who stay here at home, with me, and expect some sort of an education. Other than the one they are giving me, I mean. For reals, you who homeschool – and even just anyone who is a parent! Don’t you totally feel like you are getting just as much of an education as the one you are facilitating for your kids?
My third son, Mr. FunGuy, is a sophomore this year. He will be doing Sonlight Level 300, along with a bunch of other stuff. He loves most things with engines and being
Mr. Congeniality is living through The Year of the Teeth. He is never quite sure how to smile. So he is shy about letting me take pictures. I took some great ones today but we are camping in our little trailer and I forgot to pack the card reader to upload them. So this cell phone picture of him (below), with Person, will have to suffice for the time being. We’ll be doing Sonlight Level 5 (my favorite level!) along with his other subjects. This boy loves to fish and can’t wait to hunt. He also loves his little brother and sister and teaches them all sorts of things, mostly good.
But ya, we are camping, so I don’t have access to the beautiful pictures I took today, just for this post. But this one was taken just a couple weeks ago, at the county fair, of my one and only daughter, Mimmers. She also is doing Sonlight Level 5, along with other subjects, including math from Right Start. This girl is a mini-mama. She thinks everything her little brother does is adorable (“but Mom, he’s so cuhyute”), even when it is naughty. She bakes a mean loaf of bread all by herself, from scratch, in my breadmaker and knows how to cook a couple of main dishes already too!
We call my little man The Person. His main subject is distracting everyone else from getting their stuff done.
pictures right before bed.
To see more proud moms brag tell you about their kids, go to this blog hop. This week is picture week. Moms are sharing pictures of their kids for the beginning of the school year. Like I just did.
I hope you are squeezing out every last drop of summer!
7 comments:
What an awesome journey for your family! Lovely children and I know you are proud of your older boys!! Keep up the great work! Thank you for sharing and participating the blog hop.
Love your blog! So glad I found it at the {not} Back to School Blog Hop. I hope you have a great year. Looking forward to reading more about it. :)
okay, your lighting up tiara at the top is FABULOUS! Great photos and so fun to see pics and updates on kids that aren't "at home" anymore!
What a great family! You must be doing something right because your kids are choosing wonderful career paths :)
I love your family and LOVE the way you write. I will definitely be back.
Your kids are amazing. Nice to meet you and I can't wait to get to know you all better!
Homeschooling Rocks!
I LOVED this post!!!! Great sense of humor. And lots of cute kid pics. Wow. Your daughter can bake bread herself?? I've seriously got to get busy teaching some kitchen skills...
Oh, and I love "The Person's" subject in school. Cute.
I'm just now catching up to this post. So thankful it's delivered in my email so I can catch up easily. :D
My fuzzy bug (#5) saw pictures of Person and said, "Is that me? or E (my #2)?
It has been FAR too long since our kids (and WE) have connected!
It's good to see your beautiful family. I can almost hear their laughs.
Miss you!
Post a Comment