During that hour, I had the privilege of going back to India "on my way" to somewhere else (?!!) and WITH MY GRANDMA! When awake, I have wished my Grans could see the Happy Home. Since she is no longer able bodied enough to go there with me in real life, I guess getting to see her be there, even in a dream, is an answer to a prayer.
Doesn’t she look like she’d ooze love and grandmotherliness to the kids?
I loved seeing the look of surprise on each of the children’s faces when they saw I was back so soon. Some yelled "Tiffany Aka!", and some cried out "Mommy!". They were bright eyed with interest at seeing my grandmother. I just stood there hugging and holding -- and I cried the entire time because I knew I could only stay one day. You know, since I was "on my way" somewhere else (?!!).
It was a sweet dream, although I was so overcome with emotion that I was struggling to remember, associate, and say their names. This is a real fear of mine since I would never want even one of them to think I don’t remember them.
Well, I am awake now, and so is the rest of this little trailer. So I best get moving along. But I’ve got India and some really precious kids on my mind today…
No comments:
Post a Comment