
It is 12:03. I had the news on channel 12 because of the snowy road conditions.
The clock stuck 12 and I heard the musical introduction of Perry Mason.
As a young girl I would watch Perry Mason when I stayed home sick from school. I'd eat noodle soup and grilled cheese if I was up to it.
I think Perry is handsome and distinguished.
I think I was watching Perry when the news of the assassination attempt on President Reagan interrupted.
I also think I was watching it when Israeli Prime Minister Anwar Sadat was assassinated.
Today my little daughter and I are cuddled up now on the bed, watching the black and white film together as she asks me "Is it going to stay dark like that?".
Think I am going to get some noodle soup for us on the next commercial.
8 comments:
Enjoy your cuddle time!
-sandy toe
What a nice post. I have the same kinds of memories. I feel all warm and fuzzy now... although I think I might have a fever. Can I have some soup too?
Grilled cheese for me pleeze.
Oh my goodness, I have the exact same memories, right down to the grilled cheese and soup! I loved to watch it with my Dad, and still do when I visit! We don't get it down here, bummer! Hope you enjoyed your Perry Mason day with your little girl!
aaaahhhhhhh
I like the soup and sandwich
I like the cuddeling with daughter
I like fond memories
I don't like Perry Mason.
I remember Perry Mason! My mother LOVED it, and I sometimes I watched it with her in the summer. :) Funny what your little girl said about the black and white TV show! :)
I hope you have a wonderful day!
I love that show, too!
Perry Mason use to come on around noon, just after the kids went down for a nap. This show reminds me of being a very young mommy and folding laundry.
Post a Comment