;; But I Had A Tiara: All Is Calm, All Is Bright

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

All Is Calm, All Is Bright

As I trudged up our long driveway, pulling my legs out of a foot of snow at each uphill step, I second guessed the groceries I had purchased, weighing their value against the work it was to get them back home.

Drawing near the top I realized something had changed. I was surrounded by a rosy glow.

snow-08-twilight

Amazing how much faster I moved when I had to hurry to get the camera!

9 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a pretty picture!...sandy toe

Yule {b}Log said...

Pretty!

elizabeth embracing life said...

Definately worth the hike. Beautiful.

Sarah Vertner said...

Awesome... I love hearing the blogger's heart (MUST TAKE PICTURE!)

Anonymous said...

Worth the foot-high stretches for sure.

Jenni said...

Wow, that is a beautiful picture! :)

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's! :) Have a great night!

Gina said...

Oh how beautiful!

Kathi said...

Your photos of the snow are beautiful along with your words. This photo of the pink sky is gorgeous.

I love the way your crown blinks. It's cool too, the way you placed it in the soup. Could you please tell me how to super-impose something like your crown onto another photo?

Thanks, and have a great weekend. Kathi

Micah said...

Here is my email...it may be easier to talk about health things that way...if u don't mind. (maybe not publish this comment). Kayya_95@yahoo.com I just order the Grapeseed crush...and I'm really excited about it. I broke down and took my kids to the doctor today. My infant (4mo) has RSV. So they gave us a Nebulizer and I'm suppose to give her breathing treatment every 4 hours. She said it could turn into Pnemonia if we are not careful. She has to go back Fri for a recheck. And both of them have earaches. My son's (he is 2) is so bad she said it looks like hamburger meat! Agh! So I'm a nervous wreck about that. I'm inspired by you that you have six children and have homeschooled them all. I have two at home all the time and I feel like I'm loosing my mind! I'm very much a people person etc...it hard for me to be home 24/7 but I love it so much that I can be...b/c i know many moms who wish they could be. So I do feel blessed, just miss people! Thanks for commenting back so fast. Have a blessed day; Micah