;; But I Had A Tiara: Spur Of The Moment Drive To The Beach

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spur Of The Moment Drive To The Beach

The Suburban was in the shop so only part of the family could go anywhere. We had planned to go on a more local hike. But when that trail was still closed for the winter, we just decided to keep driving west. By the time we arrived it was later afternoon-early evening. We played on the beach for a little bit then got to watch a stunning sunset. The Oregon Coast is so gorgeous.

(This post should be on our family blog. But the layout of this blog lets me post larger pictures so I put them here instead.)

P2160050

It was fun not to tell the kids. Since the two oldest were not there, it took more time before Nathan was paying enough attention to notice what the signs were saying. It wasn't until the ocean vista was before us that Evan and Elisabeth realized. They were really confused at first, but it made it worth the drive!

P2160059

P2160045 We are so blessed to live where we do. Had we decided to drive east, we would have been up on the mountain in less than two hours or in the desert in three.P2160076

I love adventures!

9 comments:

Gina said...

Wow! What gorgeous photos. It looks like an incredible outing.

xoxo said...

Beautiful pics of beautiful moments.

christa jean said...

I'm trying to guess what beach that is... hmmm.
I LOVE the pic of the sunburst in the background.

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

I'm so glad you posted this here. Those are some beautiful pictures. Thanks for adding a little sunlight to my day. :)

Anonymous said...

We were at the beach this weekend. It's so wonderful there.
But we were there fully intended. :)

Sarah said...

Your last picture is breathtaking! Just gorgeous! That is a huge blow up framer for sure!!!

SuperDave said...

I am dying to go to the beach! Thanks for bring it to me. I too love adventure, we went to Central Oregon this week, funny we went on the same adventure in opposite directions. Who knew...

Unknown said...

We did the same thing, completely spontaneous, on Sunday after church. It was a lovely time. Clam chowder, sunset, everything.

elizabeth embracing life said...

Oh these are just beautiful. What a lovely surprise for parts of your family.