;; But I Had A Tiara: Soup's On! Saturday : Cream of Broccoli

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Soup's On! Saturday : Cream of Broccoli


Do any of you have a wonderful "Cream of...." Soup? Leave me a comment!

I have many fabulous creamy soup recipes. They are so warm and comforting. And, well, on the not so good for weight loss side of things, if ya know whaddi mean.

Several years ago I was on Weight Watchers (after my 5th pregnancy) and I discovered that cream soups don't always have to undo my efforts at losing weight.

This Cream Of Broccoli Soup is one of my favorite WW recipes. It's only 2 points and very satisfying. I think adding the hot pepper sauce is a stroke of genius. It adds an unexpected punch before you even realize you are missing the things you have left out. When I make it, I put in more broccoli. Veggies are FREE so it doesn't add any more points, and it makes it creamier and thicker still. I also like toasted almonds on top too, but then you have to count those points.

Of course, if you are not trying to lose weight, feel free to use 1 cup cream of half and half instead of the fat-free milk. And throw in alot of cheddar, then top with sour cream. And, rather than count points, well, just count yourself lucky!

Now my friends, I must announce that SOS is over for this season. My plan was to go through February and it is now the very last day of February. But SOS will be back, Lord-Willing, when Fall is here once again. Ewww, don't even say such a thing right now!

BUT, stay tuned for a new weekly food carnival. I am still deciding on some of the details and will, of course, put it all here when the time is right. Thank you to those of you who participated. I have definitely gained some new favorites!


1 comment:

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love cream of broccoli...have you ever put noodles in yours?
sandy toe