;; But I Had A Tiara: Soup’s On Saturday: Chicken Wing Soup

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Soup’s On Saturday: Chicken Wing Soup


Does anyone else have a chicken soup recipe?

Here is the recipe I threw together last week. It turned out pretty well, but I am going to post it with the tweaking I did since then. I hope you try it and like it!

1 Whole Chicken, stewed and deboned (or equivalent)

2 cups broth from stewed chicken and/or other broth.

3 stalks celery

3 grated carrots

1 grated onion

Olive oil or butter


Hot Sauce (what I had was a very mild chili sauce which was more like ketchup, so I added 2 T. Tabasco. Using Hot Wing Sauce with a kick will be much better)

1 t liquid smoke

2 t worchestershire sauce

3-4 small potatoes

8 ounces grated Cheddar Cheese

1 brick cream cheese

Half and Half or milk

Saute onion, carrots and celery in butter or olive oil until crisp tender. Add all ingredients except cheeses. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Stir in cubed cream cheese and grated cheddar. Stir until melted. Serve with all or some of these choices on side:

~Blue Cheese crumbles

~ Ranch Dip

~ Spicy Wing Sauce

~ Cilantro

~ Sour Cream

~ Salsa

~ Anything else you would serve with Chicken Wings. Have fun!


NEXT WEEK: Cream Of ??? soups.

Link your favorite or put your recipe in the comments section.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I have a great Chicken & Dumpling recipe.
http://diningdivarecipes.blogspot.com/2008/10/chicken-and-dumplins.html