;; But I Had A Tiara: Menu Plan Monday: February 16-22

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: February 16-22





I am SO glad to be back for menu planning -- it has been weeks! Truth be told, I have been struggling with some health related concerns which accumulated and began to overwhelm me. Thankfully, I have some answers now and seem to be doing better every day!


In my ongoing attempt to have more schedule, more discipline and more togetherness, I am experimenting by planning all three meals for each day. We'll see how it goes.

I am not listing our fruit and veggie plans unless I am making a specific recipe. I keep a lot of healthy, fresh, organic produce on hand. I have canned produce from last summer too. We always have salad, veggies or fruit with our meals.

I am also trying to use the crockpot for at least one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner per week. Breakfast in the crockpot is something very pleasant to wake up to. And lunch and dinner fill the house with homey smells all day, then make dinner so much less complicated!

Have a wonderful, wholesome week!


P.S. You can look at tons more menus at www.orgjunkie.com



Monday:
B: Crockpot Cobbler (medium crockpot)
L: Bean and Cheese Burritos
D: Nacho Spuds

Tuesday:
B: Peanut Butter Toast on Homemade Bread, Fruit
L: Seasoned Black Beans and Rice with cheese, sour cream and cilantro
D: Bacon Potato Chowder (from my friend Julie C's private blog)
with Cornbread Muffins

Wednesday:
B: Yogurt Parfaits (with oats or granola and fresh or dried fruit)
L: Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese (Elisabeth 7yo to make with mom to practice for her very first dinner night when I am on Sister Trip)
* Note: We had to double the recipe. I hated to use up that much milk so we used half milk and half dry milk with water. Also added about 4 T. real butter and 1 cubed brick of Cream Cheese, and cut back on the cheddar. Turned out watery so had to add a second pound of pasta. Then it turned out great!
D: Loaded Barbeque Potato Casserole This is a yummy twist on Shepherd's Pie ( start pork, chiles, BBQ sauce and bacon in crockpot in morning, large crockpot)


Thursday:
B: Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
L: Poor Man's Stroganoff (Evan make with Mom to practice like Elisabeth above)
D: Garlic Topped Pot Roast

Friday:
B: Oatmeal Pancakes
L: Build Your Own Chef Salad with Ranch Dressing (Include green mix with lettuces and spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, turkey, hard boiled egg, avocado, real bacon bits, grated cheese)
D: Sticky Chicken with brown rice

Saturday:
B:Leftovers or Fend For Yourself!
L: Leftovers from the week
D: New Soup for next weeks Soup's On Saturday!

Sunday:
B: Blueberry Flax Granola
L: Buffalo Chicken Party Sandwiches (make chicken in crockpot while at church)
on Homemade Buns (I have to let them rise longer in my house than the recipe calls for).
D: Sunday Popcorn and Snacks (we eat lunch late so just have snacks on Sunday night).

5 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

There are some great recipes!! Wow!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon...answers are a good thing!
-sandy toe

SweetAnnee said...

Wow..you rock..Planning the menu is the
hardest part of cooking!!
It's all done on Monday!!

fondly, Deena

annies home said...

borrowed some great recipes thanks

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oooh, I've had that pot roast recipe! It is delish! Great looking menu!

Have a great week!
Sherry

The Everett Seven said...

I could copy your list and be quite content. It all sounds really good!