;; But I Had A Tiara: Soup's On Saturday: A Call For Chicken Wing Soup

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Soup's On Saturday: A Call For Chicken Wing Soup



Yes, it's Saturday. No, I do not have any tried and true soup recipe for you. However, I have an interesting idea for you to experiment with. I am trying it tomorrow too.

Some of you are WILD about football. There was alot of hullabaloo about that a couple weeks ago. Here at my house, we are basketball folks. Especially my boys. This weekend is All Star weekend. The boys are especially excited because our (our= our team's) own Brandon Roy is playing. So I want to make something special to eat.

This morning as I was deboning a chicken I made broth with and mulling over what to do with it. I was thinking about what I would make in the crockpot to be ready when we get home from church, as well as what I would make for the basketball festivities. Then it occured to me that there MUST be some kind of recipe for Chicken Wing Soup.

I love search engines.

I found several recipes, got some great ideas, and am adding some ingredients of my own. Next week I will post the results and, if it was deeee-lish-us, I will post the recipe.

In the meantime, have any of you made Chicken Wing Soup before? Do you have a wonderful recipe for it? I also considered Barbeque Chicken Soup so if you have a recipe for that I'd love that too. Maybe this week you can experiment and come up with your own. Or maybe you have a treasured recipe.

If you want to post next week about some kind of soup that is modeled after your favorite way to eat chicken, I'd love it if you will link! I will plan to have the link up first thing next Saturday.

GO WESTERN CONFERENCE!!!

2 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Enjoy your Heart Day!
-sandy toe

Youthful One said...

I would guess you've already found this in your search, but I'll post it anyway:

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/09/buffalo-wing-soup-crockpot-recipe.html

The crockpot lady just happens to have an intense love affair with buffalo wings, and has a few recipes to reflect such. One is a lasagne, one is a dip, and one the soup. We haven't tried any of them, but she posts her family's verdict on each and have been pretty reliable for us so far.

Speaking of which, I'll be interested in your discoveries, as buffalo wings are also my hubby's favs. I finally learned how to make them for his b-day last year (and SO ridiculously easy!) One of these days, we'll venture into the variations on the theme, I'm sure.