;; But I Had A Tiara: My Sweet Angel, Being Molded...

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Sweet Angel, Being Molded...


I especially love this picture because it is a rare find. When he sees a camera pointed in his direction, he cracks a "cheesy grin". While it is cute, I have so many of them -- and it makes his nose turn into a triangle. This one is a real smile. Sweet and precious. And cuddly too.

Tonight my not-yet-two year old walked in on me, through a closed bathroom door, where I was trying to put my nightshirt on with some degree of privacy. I said "Baby, you shouldn't walk in when Mommy has the door closed. You should close the door, then knock before you come in, You Silly". Of course, this was kind of rhetoric, like when I said "thank you" for him when he was 8 months old to eventually train him to say it himself.

Do you know what that baby did next?


He said "Yes (small pause) Mama", closed the door, then knocked! Yes he did!

When I said "Come in" I saw the biggest beam on his face become bigger still as I told him what a good and obedient boy he is. All of this hard work, training an apparent "naughty" (active, spunky...) baby has been paying off in spades as he has been very deliberately saying "Yes Mama", "Yes, Daddy" and even sometimes to one of his brothers, like tonight when he said "Yes, Nathan".




These are the sweetest days I'll know...

2 comments:

The Everett Seven said...

How can our babies be nearing two years old already??? I heard a country song called "Don't Blink" and I thought of you :)

Kathi said...

Tiffany, This is such a darling photo of your boy. You are such a good mother. I hope I'm doing as well. I've made many mistakes along the way. I'm so thankful for God's grace. Hugs, Kathi