For more menu ideas, check out MPM at Orgjunkie.com
Seriously, I am so disappointed. First the mechanic was closed Friday so I could not pick up the batteries we need in order to go camping, pushing back our trip for a day.
Now, the skies read that the calendar says it is Back To School week in the Pacific NW and decided to provide stereotypical fall weather.
I had to decide – go or stay?
We’re staying home, starting school, and working slowly on getting packed for camping so we can leave at the first signs of nice, warm weather. Why go and freeze, then waste the sunny weather doing school? I am keeping my fingers crossed that there is still some 80+ degree weather in the forecast and NOT only the two weekends we can’t do it.
To make this week more festive for the kids, I will be including special breakfast favorites on a few of our menu days this week. Usually each person chooses from a variety of foods I keep available and eats what sounds good. Our staples include peanut butter toast, yogurt (often with a spoonful of peanut butter in it), fruit for smoothies and kids who love using the Vitamix, granola, eggs and oatmeal. If they do not choose an option with protein, they are required to eat some nuts, a spoonful of peanut butter, or something that does include protein and healthy fat for some brain food.
Some of the breakfast foods we will be having are:
~ Breakfast Cookies ( I will decide which ones, both are linked here)
~ Lazy’s Ultimate Muffins (I darn well better have saved this in my recipe box because my link shows that either Lara is not blogging anymore, or she has not yet started her Wordpress blog and linked her old one. OH NO!!! This is my favorite recipe by far! Gonna have to go check my box and hope I obeyed my instinct and copied it down…)
~ The Migas we tried last week were a hit. Even Mr. Picky Pants liked it. I didn’t really follow an exact recipe. You pretty much make a corn tortilla crispish in the frying pan, break it into pieces, cook scrambled eggs over it and then add cheese. I also fry ham for the kids and add veggies for mine. It’s kind of like making some breakfast nachos.
Gotta admit, last week I had so many irons in the fire I did not even look at my Menu Plan. I went from memory, used alot of leftovers and freezer finds, and we got pizza on Friday. Do you have weeks like that? It’s all about having a plan, but being flexible.
I WISH it was this kind of iron I had in the {camp}fire!
Monday, Labor Day: BBQ Pork Ribs leftover from meals I made and froze for my family to eat while I was in India. Sounds like good labor Day fare to me. I think I will make some potato salad to go with it. I’ve made potato salad for years but am always willing to try something new and wonderful. Do you have a wonderful potato salad recipe I should try?
Tuesday: I have Fresh Tuna Taco filling in the freezer, also leftover from meals I made for my family when I went to India. I hope it froze well and will be yummy this night!
Wednesday: BLTA’s on skinny hamburger buns or maybe homemade, if we have time to make them
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Creamy Crockpot Chicken Nachos
Saturday: Potato Pancakes with Indian Flair, homemade Green Chutney
Sunday: Fly By The Seat Of Our Pants (leftovers or go out to eat after church)
Have a great Back-To-School -- or in our case, NOT Back-To-School (since we homeschool) – week!
Oh, and if you are visiting me from MPM, I want to make sure you know about my Soup's On Saturday carnival starting in October. Click my S.O.S. button below for details -- and I'd love it if you grab my button and tell your friends too!
3 comments:
Sounds like a great menu for the week, have a great week.
Bummer news about your delays.
i don't know if you copied down the recipe for Lazy's Ultimate Muffins or not and I'm not sure this is the right recipe/blog/person. Hopefully it is. http://lazyorganizer.com/blog/?p=2326
Post a Comment