;; But I Had A Tiara: This ‘n That, Saturday Around Home

Saturday, September 4, 2010

This ‘n That, Saturday Around Home

I am so thankful for a 15 year old who cheerfully helps me with chores that include heavy lifting and lifting at odd angles. Today he helped me get at some old tables we have that need work so I could see about preparing one of them for the school room. He also, with not one word of complaint, helped me with some other barn projects. He is really good about this. I took him out to lunch today to let him know how much I appreciate that about him.

nathan burgerThat baby had beef, ham, bacon, typical veggies, two kinds of cheese, and an egg on it!

Remember when I referred to Sneaky Mama Hen making her nest where I could not get at them? Well, her babies hatched this week and we moved her, so I could finally get to the tables.

After looking today, I am glad to see that one table and a set or partial set of chairs looks promising. I am excited to get started. Oh, and I am indeed going to paint a red color similar to the red on that chalkboard topped desk I included in a post last week. I just love that it is red, yet still somewhat neutral because of the shade it is. And I think I will use a velvet looking gold fabric for the seats. I’m not immovably decided on this though. It depends on what kind of screaming deal I can get on fabric and how durable it is. Stay tuned.

Since today is Saturday – I thought I’d remind you that Soup’s On Saturday begins next month. So, if you love soup even half as much as I do, you will want to start thinking about it and getting ready to link your faves! Also, if you plan to post -- or even check it out, or if you have friends who love soup, please grab my S.O.S. button for your blog by cut and pasting the jibberish in the little box under my SOS button below. Clicking on it will also take you to the category schedule.

Yummy. Soup and warm bread are about the only two things that made me look forward to fall. Sort of.

~The Soup's On Saturday carnival runs from October through May~

1 comment:

Karen said...

LOL DO you hire out your 15 year old? That is one thing that is a pain, moving heavy objects with just a Mommy and a 10 year old. :)

I can't wait to see your table. Kei and I bought some chalkboard paint the other day because of your post. :) They only had spray paint though and I am not too sure what to use it one. Kei's suggestion of HER HAND was met with No's!

re: the Salamander. We thought it was a salamander. :) I looked it up and it looked very salamanderish.

Happy Labor Day weekend!