I am driving myself crazy.
I like doing projects. But I get bored if they take too long per sitting. So I almost always have several projects going at the same time. That way I can, say, paint some furniture for a little while then go in the house and teach dictation. Try a new treatment for the wall, then plan dinner. Throw in a sewing project {which I am still designing with my kids and have not even taken the machine out yet}, then work on the pile of clothes for the kid’s sale coming up. List a few items on Etsy, help my daughter bake some bread -- and back to painting we go…
Are you getting the idea?
The benefit to being this type of personality is that alot of projects end up being finished around the same time and give me a huge feeling of satisfaction as I survey the results – and all of those checkmarks on my project lists.
The drawback is that I become goal oriented and almost can’t sleep because I am so eager to finish up and settle into a routine. I will finish them up, then possibly not do another project for months.
An even bigger drawback is that I create alot of messes, all at the same time.
Right now I am working on at least six projects, easily, and a couple of them are pretty huge. And I have several in the queue I am excited to get started on. But I am making myself finish up what I started first!
I have friends who start a project, then work on it for hours and days, day after day, until it is done, then start on the next one. I have friends who stay away from projects altogether.
What kind of project person are you?
Ohhh, and that said, I want to remind you that Soup's On Saturday, Third Edition starts NEXT WEEK! Can you even believe it? I guess I will have to embrace fall by then.
I am hoping to have the finalized schedule ready today or tomorrow.
Please join me and give me more soup recipes! And I'd love it if you place my S.O.S. button on your blog too, and help me spread the word! You can find the jibberish (otherwise known as html code) for placing it on your blog over in my sidebar.
3 comments:
I tend to start and get the whole thing done. Can't stand the mess that hangs around so don't want that for very long. Also, at the most, two things are one time. Again, as an introvert can't stand the mess and chaos that comes from having too much going on at one time. Love you and I hope that your projects are done soon so you can enjoy them. Happy Saturday!
I love the 'idea' of projects more than actually doing them. :) If I was rich I would hire everything done. I don't like things that take a long time. I am a 'get it done' kinda girl.
I'm not a huge project lover, but I do like the satisfaction once it's done. And, like you, I go in cycles of doing projects then not doing any for a long time. Unlike you, though, I don't tend to take on multiple projects at the same time. I see the lure of it, :) but I would feel to scattered and disorganized. My personality type won't let me, I guess.
Sometimes I think homeschooling is a project in and of itself and just do THAT everyday and get the same sense of acomplishment had I painted a room or something! hehe.
Post a Comment