;; But I Had A Tiara: I *Heart* Whimsy, Old Neighborhood Stairs

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I *Heart* Whimsy, Old Neighborhood Stairs

Here’s some weekly whimsy for ya. Not too bad – two weeks in a row!

I went into one of the older neighborhoods in Portland a couple months ago on my way to a dinner meeting in preparation for the India trip.

Look at these sweet stairs!

DSC01239

I love all of the colors and random patterns. Can you imagine all the work that took? Look at the trim pieces too, and all of that scrolling.

Even the weeds add a certain whimsical quality.

DSC01241 These are the side stairs. I love how the nicotania is so free form right next to them. The milk crate is so very Portland recycler-esque.

(The stairs cheered me up after I realized I went all that way on the wrong night.)

DSC01242

Right down the street, the neighborhood has these sitting at the corners of the street. They’re pretty whimsical too!

Have a Whimsical Wednesday!

2 comments:

LJS said...

I LOVE these stairs! I wonder if my husband would allow me to do this to ours.......

Mama said...

Oh my goodness, just fantastic. Those stairs made my day a little better. Thanks for sharing.