We got to go to the annual Street of Dreams this year as guests of Elite Development NW
They won pretty much every award for Forest Edge, the home they built, including awards for their careful attention to the environment.
One of the builders is a dear friend of ours and she (yep, I said SHE) and her business partner (also a she) build really gorgeous homes. Now, who can anticipate what the woman of the house will enjoy using better than other ladies of the house(s)? Like these, for example…
Secret spice storage behind the leg in front of the super duper gorgeous, ohhhh the beauty, Wolf stove.
That little tiny button to the left of the auxiliary sink is for the garbage disposal.
Touches of glass and crystal in vignettes throughout the house add a clean, smooth texture and a touch of elegance
Just be careful not to place them where the sun can hit them!
There are layered looks worked into the construction of the home that add alot of interest.
One of my favorite features of the house is how they reclaimed and repurposed the wood from trees they had to remove, using them throughout the house.
Reclaimed wood shelves in one of the pantries came from the land that had to be cleared
This countertop, in a mini kitchen outside of the media room, was also crafted of reclaimed wood from the property.
The Media Room is equipped with a 3D capable HDTV and is altitude controlled, as is the Master Sleeping Area, so if an athlete is in training, their body can get used to whatever altitude their event will be held in. I thought that was fascinating!
Parts of the Master Suite were also reclaimed and repurposed as closet space. I found it interesting to hear that they custom stained the wood in each room according to how the light hit it.
I would totally take a soak in that tub!
But, if I had the choice, I’d probably head for the pool.
In foreground is (unlit) tabletop fireplace. At the end, through the doors, is the workout facility.
There was lots of classic whimsy for inspiration. Did I just coin a new style term?
And you know whimsy is my favorite…
And, talk about whimsy!!!
This bookcase is a secret door and opens up into a huge unfinished space above the garage
A copy of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe was a fun touch too!
I love this rain chain, used instead of a plain old gutter for a downspout.
Beautiful job Jamie and Natalie! And thank you so much for the personal tour –
not to mention the free date night!
When I tour magnificent homes and admire the design and decor, I love to glean inspiration for inexpensive ways I can mirror the same look to create a warm and inviting home for my family. I hope this gave you some inspiration to brighten up a little corner of your home this Labor Day weekend!
4 comments:
Wow! This is amazing. If you are giving this away in your blog I wanna enter.
Seriously I love this house. All the special little touches. It is wonderful!
Have a great Labor Day!
K
That. Is. Amazing.
Did you notice the wine glasses in the wine area? Those are mine that she borrowed for the month of SoD. Painted by Angela! I'm so honored to be surrounded by such talented women.
By the end of the SOfD she had to change things around. But yes, I saw your glasses and another set Angela painted. So beautiful!:)
Post a Comment