;; But I Had A Tiara: Menu Plan Monday: March 22-28, 2010

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: March 22-28, 2010




Between leftovers, food I discovered that needed to be used from the freezer, the fact that I forgot to include our traditional St. Patty's Day menu last week, and the trays of {delicious} staff leftovers that my oldest son brought home, I only made a couple of my menu items this week. So, needless to say, it was easy to plan this week's menu.


Because things are always changing around here, I do not include my breakfast or lunch menus in my menu plan. But please do stay tuned this week because I am doing more with green smoothies. I am taking a challenge from The Smoothie Queen for 10 days, just to give me more ideas. And I'll be posting my very favorite green smoothie. It has 2 cups of spinach in it but I DON'T EVEN TASTE IT!


Now for my dinner plans for this week:


Monday: Jerky Chicken with Quinoa

Tuesday: Moroccan Root Vegetable Stew over Couscous (cook whole chicken, debone and include chicken in this recipe then use broth for Tortellini Soup)

Wednesday: Basil Tortellini Soup with Homemade Bread

Thursday: Freezer Surprise

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: CONCERT, dinner on the go

Sunday: Eat Out

Have a wonderful First Week Of Spring!



4 comments:

Youthful One said...

I just had to come back and share what literally made me Laugh Out Loud:
I was reading on your Smoothie Queen link - got down to the testimonials - LOVE this quote:
"As a bonus, during the days of the challenge, my breastmilk production was increased (very important to me as a breastfeeding mom!), my fibromyalgia pain has lessened a bit, and I’ve released 6 pounds back into the wild."
LOL!
May this smoothie challenge be as wonderful for you. :D

Anonymous said...

I'm coming over on Tuesday to drop a couple of girls at your house. Any chance you will make me a green smoothie? Or heck, I'll take anything from the menu you've got listed as it all looks delicious!

I'm just kidding, you don't really have to serve me dinner on Tuesday morning. Unless you want to.

:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, BTW, we went to that concert last year (and go our pictures taken with Mercy Me!) and we're going again this year. See you there!

Miss Mommy said...

Hey- I'm trying your nacho spuds...I linked to you today to give you proper credit, too. ;) Thanks for the idea.