
I never did go in last week and make my menu any prettier or any more interesting. But I DID get it up there and that helped me stay on track this week. As usual, being purposeful gave me, Ms. Flexibility, something to flex, as I did not make everything -- and certainly not on the nights I had planned them. But a menu gives me a starting point and a safety net when my days get busy or I get distracted, which I do have a tendency to do.
One of my current distractions is that I have started making Green Smoothies the last couple of weeks. I thought maybe I'd be the only one drinking them. I acted very possessive and like I did not want to share. Of course, that made them very desirable. And, whaddaya know? Many mornings I end up sharing. Hmm, how'd that happen? (I know you are exchanging a knowing smile with me right now.)
In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I hope to get at least one blog post in this week about Green Smoothies. After all, I am married to an Irish Guy. So, if you are interested, then tell your people to contact my people (i.e. alert your blog reader to alert you when I post) and we'll getcha hooked up.
In the meantime, here's what's for dinner:
Monday: Loaded BBQ Potato Casserole
Tuesday: Freezer Surprise (Thanks for the idea Dragon Musings)
Wednesday: Jerky Chicken
Thursday: Basil Tortellini Soup with Sister's Homemade Bread
Friday: Moroccan Style Chicken and Root Vegetable Stew served over couscous
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Eat Out
Have a healthfully green week!
5 comments:
Hee hee. Freezer Suprise is really a good name for it isn't it? Looks so much better in the menu plan than "Can't be bothered cooking so will defrost leftovers"
Of course, if I hadn't ran out of little label stickers for three weeks last year, it would never have happened! Now I don't bother buying them any more - the kids love the suprise when we open the lid!
Thursday's soup sounds great too!
Actually, what I mean when I say Freezer Surprise is that I need to clean out my freezer so I will go look the day before and try to think of somehting to make with a food item I need to use up! I wish it WERE leftovers!
I love the name of your blog! Too cute!
That Loaded BBQ Potato Casserole looks so good! I might have to try that soon.
Thought I'd say hi again! Looks good. :)
Somtimes I wish I enjoyed cooking. But not very often. This looks tasty!
Post a Comment