;; But I Had A Tiara: Where Am I?

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Where Am I?



A bloggy friend of mine recently posted a "where am I" post on on her site. She showed pictures of where she was with her husband including one with a huge stuffed horse in the window above a shop. The horse was entertaining, but the shop proved the be the real clue. I simply enlarged the picture so I could read their shop name then used the invaluable Mr. Google. I knew right where she was within seconds.

The past few months I have not been myself. This is humbling to admit. I'd rather be Mrs. Dependable-I-Don't-Need-You-But-Am-Here-To-Help-YOU. These days I am always tired and often sad. Well, maybe not sad. Maybe wistful. Maybe discouraged. Yes, maybe sad.Mostly tired. As my grandma puts it "my get up and go got up and left". I do not know if I am sad because I am tired or tired because I am sad. Am I low in iron? Is it my adrenal gland thing? Am I depressed? I just don't know. I have so many wonderful things to be thankful for, to rejoice in. On bright days I pull myself out and am thankful to see "me". I am so blessed. I don't want to be a whiner. Maybe this is all part of my testimony for "But I Had A Tiara"? All about expectations and the fact that they never play out how you think they will...

Now, many of you don't know me personally so I will tell you that I am normally energetic, joyful, willing to do hard things, want to be with people, adventurous and all sorts of other things that right now, I am not. So where am I?

If I post a bunch of pictures of myself, can you enlarge me, run it by Mr. Google and tell me where I am?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiff, you have such a way of expressing yourself on your blog. I love it.

However, I don't love that you are feeling tired-sad. sad-tired.

You indeed ARE (normally) an upbeat, energetic social butterfly. With all your June activities, maybe you're feeling the affects of overwhelmedness at facilitating so many events.

I doubt it. You normally thrive at such busy schedules. That's life in the 'big family lane'.

Maybe God is doing a work in your heart and it's taking it's toll on your energy and emotions.

I don't know. But whatever the case may be, look to Him. For He will renew your strength.

christa jean said...

I hope you find yourself in His arms tonight, the arms that lift you up and let you fly freely, leaving any burdens behind.

I may be talking to myself, just now, for I feel the same way... it has been too long and I don't want to stay in the mud of my own mixing... but this blog is about you, so I make it sound like I am telling you what's good for you ;-D

Thinking of you tonight.
~cjc

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

I don't know that I can tell you where you are, but I can definitely tell you where I've been. Last summer in fact... about this time. I was dangling by a thread - a mere thread - with a sense of purposelessness and worthlessness. I did't even realize what it was at first. I, too, didn't know where I was.

God can do an amazing work, friend. And He will draw you closer unto Himself in the process. Let Him.