;; But I Had A Tiara: I Think I Was Stuck In A Bottle of Supermom

Friday, June 27, 2008

I Think I Was Stuck In A Bottle of Supermom


Whew, that was a tight fit. If only I were 30 pounds lighter it would have been alot more comfortable.

Could it be? Is Supermom the answer? (And look, there on the bottle. Doesn't she look suspiciously familiar?)

Today is supposed to be in the 90's at my house. I don't like the heat.

My car is in the shop.

I should be extra tired and extra sad. I mean, the mechanic is now evaluating whether my 162,000 mile car is worth the money it will take to fix it. I know we don't have the extra $1000.00 dollars to spend on a cooling system on a car that is 11 years old.

BUT...I feel neither sad nor tired. Hmmm...

Possible Reasons Why I Am Not Blue Today:

~ Guilt free blogging because I am sitting at Starbucks with an iced coffee whilst my children are a phone call away and arguing over who is supposed to watch the baby next lovingly cooperating with each other while my car is being fixed across the street by Dave and Jesse the Wonder Mechanics.

~ Yesterday was my third day in a row remembering to take my iron. I will post a follow up on my specific brand of iron because it is worth writing about. It was miraculous last time.

~ We saw dear friends from out of town last night and hung out at the park for two and a half fleeting hours and ate seasonal and oh so delicious - and also fleeting - Hood Strawberries by the handfuls. It was brief but sweet. Maybe that energized me. Maybe I needed vitamin C. But I think it was prayer, and precious friendships that have substance.

~ I started back on Supermom vitamins yesterday. I knew it all along. I can't be Supermom without Supermom pills. Well, those and a phone booth. And a cute costume that still looks *spicy* on this mom even though I need to lose some lbs. Do you want to be a Supermom too?
(and while you are there, check out Superkids and Superdad and Berry Well and.... aw shucks, just check out the site. And NO, I am not a paid celebrity).

I am happy and hopeful and excited to get some things done at home. If only I weren't trapped here at Starbucks waiting for my car...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to be trapped at starbucks with my laptop!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, btw.

Amy has 2tsp of SuperKids every day! The BerryWell is gone. Need to get more.

I should get the SuperMom.

Hm. And milk. And fruit.
Do you mind if I make a grocery list in your comment section?

At least your "Where Am I" is not dragging on weighing you down today. SuperGod to the rescue!

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

I can totally think of worse places to be trapped waiting for your car... try the Target parking lot when it's 243 degrees inside your car and it won't start. My car is systematically falling apart this week. I'll post on that some other time.

Can I just say that you are the sweetest thing ever!!! You always have something to say that makes me smile inside and out.

:)

-Donna

christa jean said...

Maybe taking my SuperMom tabs would help me too! But I can't gag them down right now. Jules, do you want the bottle? I think I've only used 10.

So glad your joy and iron are returning to their proper levels! ;-D Nothing like prayer and good friend and strawberries to cheer ya right up. Hey, is there a friendship and strawberry theme going around?!
smooch