;; But I Had A Tiara: When Sea Lions Fly

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

When Sea Lions Fly


Jean (Cliff's sis) and Maureen (our niece) were in town this week. I don't get to spend much time with them so it was an extra blessing to get to go to the zoo together.


Maureen did That One Thing this visit. You know, that Thing where, the last time I saw her, I said goodbye to my sweet little niece. Then this time, only a few months later, she walked in and I said hello to a beautiful young woman. Maureen, you are lovely. And warm and sweet, and fun to be with. I think so, and you can also ask Elisabeth. I know she thinks so too.





Jean is a quiet lady, but fun. She is proper when needed, but not a fuddy-duddy. She smiles alot, and she LISTENS. She laughs alot too, even when someone says something that was meant to be funny but ... well, isn't really. Jean is also a nurse. In her former life, she worked in a nursing home and did very difficult things so that people could be more comfortable. You KNOW what kinds of things I mean.


I feel relaxed when I am with Jean, and secure. I don't feel judged or worried about what she is thinking or what she might say about me when she leaves. I don't think I have ever heard her say anything bad about someone else. It's just not how she rolls.

I hope I learn from her. Or maybe she will just rub off on me. Somehow I hope I can be more like her when I grow up.

Probably about the same time sea lions really do fly...



If you've read both of my blogs, you already know I adore using the timer on our camera. This one shows why. Classic silliness, someone's face not showing (Nathan), someone not smiling (Evan), someone looking the wrong way (Ethan). Hey, it just occurred to me that all of us girls look great. The boys, well... we have other pictures of them:)


Animals? What animals? When you are one year old and your auntie (who is in preparation mode for her first grandbaby, due in August) wants to spoil you, apparently the zoo becomes all about popcorn. I mean, look at that face! It flat out says "Chomp!"


Oh, the majesty! And the sheer SIZE! For comparison, you can barely see my baby's head at the bottom of the sea lion's tail...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks like a wonderful day!!!
Aren't families special? I love being with people who make me feel loved and comfortable, even if I only get to see them occasionaly.

How long they here for?

~K!

kismet.blogs.com

Youthful One said...

My goodness, that frightened me!

I could've sworn the baby on your shoulders was MINE! My baby girl wears yellow quite often and sports THE SAME grin!

Jean sounds like a wonderful sis-in-law to have or to aspire to be.

Anonymous said...

wow amazing pictures i want to go to an aquarium