;; But I Had A Tiara: Soup’s On Saturday! 2009

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Soup’s On Saturday! 2009

 

Today's the day! The very first Saturday of October and the very first edition of

Soup's On Saturday! 2009

Pull out the ladle and we’ll have a crockpot of GOOD!


There is nothing like a warm bowl of soup with a piece of crusty bread to dip in it (I just love to dip my food!) to nourish and comfort you on a fall day! I think I am finally to the place emotionally where I can move on from summer and embrace the soup weather. I’m not sayin’ the flip-flops are going in with the mothballs just yet. But I am willing to begin the transition.

If you did not read my blog at this time last year, or you have no clue what I am talking about, you can read all about it at this link. If you like what you read and would like to help me spread the word, you could take my S.O.S. button code and put my suhweet lil button in your sidebar. And blab to all of your friends. Because I know you have them. And, I’m pretty sure you blab if you like something. And eeeeveryone loves soup, right?

 

This year I will have a suggested theme for each week. If you have a recipe for that theme I'd love for you to post it. But that is only to get the ideas flowing. You are welcome to post any soup recipe each week, not only the theme soup. If you linked a soup last year and it fits in with a theme, feel free to link it again - we all need a reminder now and again where it was that we saw that delicious recipe!


If you are not a blogger and do not have a web page, please DO email me your favorite recipes for soup and I will post them on my site for you. I am an all inclusive kind of gal, an Equal Opportunity Recipe Collector.

To give you some soup to savor between now and next week, I would like to direct you to my sidebar. Scroll down a little until you see the SOS button. Just below it are hyperlinks to the soups I actually got linked from last year. Do make sure you check out the Broth is Beautiful link because broth is the base to most soups. And I am a firm believer in the healing powers of a good bone broth.

Now I’d like to announce the very first theme: Seasonal Soup. Preferably local to your area. So get out those root vegetables, research your squash and have a chat with your local hunter. Cuz next week I wanna see lots of veggies and venison. Although I love to look at the deer that come up around our place and I cry when I see a dead one in the street. So I have a sorta hard time eating it. But if I call it venison it doesn’t hurt as much.

I also hate don’t enjoy the taste of venison so I don’t eat it. But alot of people like it. And I have a rule for myself that I retry things I don’t like every so often. And I think that time is coming around again for my footless four footed friends.

Anyway, hunting season opens around here today so that makes venison a seasonal ingredient. I saw a whole lot of fallish veggies in my farm share this week. And our cow is making milk with alot of cream just now. So I figure cream and butter could fit into the pot too …  GO WILD!

 

 

1 comment:

Genny said...

I love, love, love soup. What a fun idea!

Hope you had a great time hiking! :)