;; But I Had A Tiara: Menu Plan Monday, October 12-18

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Menu Plan Monday, October 12-18



Don't forget, I'd love to see your recipes for Soup's On Saturday each week. Tis the season!


This week will be pretty busy because I will be volunteering quite a bit of my time, along with a couple of my sons, at a kid's resale event. I tried to plan for recipes that will be quick to put together or crock pot recipes.

For Sunday Dinner I plan to make biscuits. I had a recipe I just loved. But, alas, I have misplaced it. I am going to look for it and also review some other recipes I have. I want a recipe that makes a puffy, soft-on-the-inside-but-crunchy-outside kind of melt-in-your-mouth biscuits. Whole wheat would be my preference. Do you have one? (Cannot come from a can or a mix.)

On Saturday my Littlest Man will turn Three Years Old. Weird. That went by so quickly that my head is spinning. Which is probably why I have had such a hard time remembering things lately.

I probably do not have a tumor.

But I have wondered.

Littlest Man is also my Mr. Picky. His favorite foods are pretty much all dairy products. So, if I were to make a meal for him, it would include cottage cheese, string cheese, yogurt, kefir, pickled green beans, maybe some nuts and a piece of Killer Seed Bread.

Or just a quesadilla.

I think we'll go out for dinner instead. Maybe Mexican.


Monday: Lentil Tacos possibly with homemade tortillas (depending on whether or not I have time!). We enjoy Lentil Soup so plan to use this Lentil recipe with cumin to change it up a bit. The kids might think it is a bit strange to eat it this way so we may end up eating it plain or with cottage cheese rather than using the tortillas.

Tuesday: Slow Cooker Enchiladas Today is my book club day so I'm going to make ask my 17 year old son to put this together for me.

Wednesday: Test Soup for Soup's On Saturday! theme of "Pumpkins Everywhere".

Thursday: Leftover Buffet (Two of our older boys eat dinner at youth group so tonight is a good night for leftovers)


Saturday: 3rd Birthday --- All About The Littlest Boy

Sunday: Buttermilk Pot Roast with Perfect Biscuits *see above


Have a flexible week:)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute blog, I'm terrible at menu planning you can read and weep here http://wp.me/pqCPo-6m
;)
Jessie at Blog Schmog