Yep, I do.
And I highly encourage YOU to start preparing a meal plan too - whether you blog or not. It makes life so much easier. It helps you think ahead and coordinate your meals with your activities. And it saves money too, because you don’t buy too much extra fluff, AND you use up what you have. This is also one practical way I can use to help me live with purpose. I feel such a difference in my daily life when I do this vs, when I don’t. And I suspect my family feels it too!
Before I begin my menu post though, I want to give you, my fellow soup lovers, a head’s up -- my Soup’s On Saturday Weekly Carnival begins October 4th. Please feel free to link to your blog post about soup once per week. You can read more info here. Also, at any time, check my side bar for links to lots of soups from last fall’s S.O.S. You can also go to my side bar and pick up my adorable SOS button for your own blog.
Okay, now for my menu…
Monday: Back To School Day (One son back to college today, younger kids start full day home school). I wanted to make something hot for breakfast that those in a hurry could grab and go.
B- Breakfast Burritos with ham, potatoes, eggs and cheese I will make in crockpot (line the greased crockpot with the shredded potatoes and put the eggs and ham inside. That way you will not get as much of a crust on the eggs)
L- Leftover Zucchini-Potato Pancakes ( I made a huge batch last week so we’d have leftovers)
D- Pork Loin with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce cooked very slowly
To Do:
Soak Lentils
Tuesday: Book Club in morning and at backpacking lecture in evening -- quick breakfast, easy lunch, crockpot dinner
B - Granola
L – Bean and Cheese Burritos/ Quesadillas
D – Lentil Soup with ham hock, serve with cottage cheese on top
To Do:
Soak beans
Soak grains for buns
Wednesday
B- Smoothies with homemade yogurt
L- Pinto Beans made in crockpot served with Cornbread
D- Barbeque Beef and Bean sandwiches with Homemade Buns (I have to let mine raise longer and adapt slightly to let grains soak)
To Do:
Soak grains for bread
Thursday:
B- Fruity Baked Oatmeal (use this basic recipe but am going to play around with it to try to avoid so much sugar)
L- Sandwiches (Turkey, Ham or PBJ)
D- Scrabble Soup with homemade bread (my daughter makes this in the breadmaker)
To Do:
Soak Grains for donuts
Soak grains for biscuits
Soak grains for pizza crust (or buy)
Defrost beef for muffins and roll up
Friday:
L- Farmhouse BBQ Muffins (use homemade dough)
To Do:
Soak grains for cornbread
Defrost beef for soup on Sunday
Saturday:
Leftovers and Open Kitchen Day
To Do:
Brown beef for soup
Soak Grains for cornbread
Sunday
Morning:
Start Cornbread in bread maker
Start soup in crockpot
B- Overnight Oatmeal (my own version of this recipe)
L- Taco Soup (on my sister’s blog) with Cornbread
D- Popcorn, yogurt, etc.
Also this week make:
I can’t find my Nourishing Traditions book. That’s what I get for loaning things out and not writing it down! That is why I am including links. However, I do use the NT recipes.
Pickled Beets
To see over 300 other weekly meal plans, go to www.orgjunkie.com and check out what's been linked this week.
Have a great week!
4 comments:
Regarding your fruity baked oatmeal - I made Christa's recipe last week w/out sugar- I used 1/2 honey & 1/2 agave nectar. (It calls for brown sugar or maple syrup.)
Looking at the recipe you posted, I'd suggest using fruit juice concentrate (apple or white grape) instead of all or some of the milk and then omitting the sugar all together. There's so many other sweet fruits in there, it would certainly be sweet enough for my kids. :D
About your Cortido~ I have everything on hand for this, but haven't made it before. Does it come out like kim chee? OH! And how long does whey keep in the fridge? I don't have fresh whey right now, but do have a jar of whey that's been in my fridge for a long time. Do you think it's any good? Can whey go bad?
Tiffany,
So glad to "see" you again! And 300weekly meal plans? I'll have to check that out. I'm in a menu rut right now. :)
Genny
Everything sounds yummy! When you make the Lentil Soup with ham hock, if you puree the cottage cheese in the food processor it makes it so creamy and yummy! I have just found a way to replace sour cream and even Béchamel in some recipes!
That is a great idea. I stir plain yogurt into mine. That is the best sub for sour cream I have found.
My family sure likes the cottage cheese on top though. Some of my kids don't even like Lentil Soup w/o it!
Post a Comment