;; But I Had A Tiara: Grateful From The Depths of Me

Friday, September 18, 2009

Grateful From The Depths of Me

Tonight when I tucked her in, I lingered a little longer as I kissed her hair. Her It’s-been-a-little-too-long-between-perms, smells-like-hair-moisturizer nappy head. And I took the time to find the exact spot on her nose bridge that I have quickly kissed so many times.

Today was the 8 year anniversary of the day that began the scariest time of our lives. My husband’s tearful voice did not tell me what was wrong until I got home. But I knew it was something very, very bad. The phone call from the adoption agency had come. We hadn’t expected to hear anything from them. They informed us that we were going to have to give our precious daughter back. They said they had already explored every possible legal option, and there was no hope.

8 years later, it haunts me. One day I will be brave and I will speak of it. Not today.

I cannot fathom my life without her.

She is here

with

me,

I tucked her in tonight.

Yes, I lingered a little longer on her perfectly curly head and kissed her kissing spot again, for the 2,920th night since that day. And not one has gone by without a tremendous feeling of gratefulness that God chose for her to be here with me.



2 comments:

Amy said...

Loved this post Tiffany!! I am so happy that the Lord has blessed you with Elisabeth! She is so beautiful and she is truly blessed to be in your family. God picked the perfect family for her!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post Tiffany. I believe that our children do give us moments that we are unable to share with others. It just makes them that much more precious. May you take the time this weekend to remember and never take for granted the gifts that the Lord sends into your life. You are blessed my dear. Much love always.