As the update mentions, her husband was laid off after the accident as well. His employer loved him but there is just not a huge demand for custom cabinets right now.
If anyone is interested in making a donation to her family let me know. It would be a great charitable Christmas donation if you were considering one. There is an account set up in her town. Also, gift cards for anywhere including for food, clothing, utilities and gasoline are wonderful. I will make sure they get to her. They have no TV or computer either and she can't do much so I know she must be bored. I guess this is one positive about her hubby being laid off -- he can be with her and also drive her to appointments.
Many people in their situation still have several luxuries. When I spoke to her last I asked her if she had memorized all of the Perry Mason reruns since she can't do much. She just laughed and said no -- because they have no TV or computer. She reads some but can't hold a book for long periods of time. She has no iPod either, but they did get a CD player after the accident. The van had no player so theirs was in the van that burned.
Anyway, a few of you have asked me about updates so I thought I'd let you know there is one there now.
2 comments:
Hi Tiffany~
I will have to scroll down to read more about your cousin, but I am so sorry to hear that she was hurt in an accident. That would be so hard! And on top of that, her husband being laid off! I am going to be praying for both of them.
Thank you also for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment! I am so glad you did because now I know about your blog. I just love your blog name! :)
I'm so sorry for your cousin. I will especially pray for them with their finances. I would love to help out too. Kathi
Post a Comment