
As I mentioned yesterday, it snowed here. And we don't get much snow in these here parts. So it's a pretty big deal.

Due to treacherous driving conditions because of ice, church was canceled yesterday. And all activities for tonight too. So we actually stayed home all day for two days!
May the snow stay long enough for me to get caught up on stacks of projects. You see, this way I can stay home, give rides to no one -- and still not be the villain who is not giving rides to anyone. Yes, that's the way uh-huh, uh-huh I like it. Uh-huh.
I loved staying all cozy all day yesterday. Except for playing in the snow of course.
We had nowhere to go. No agenda. It was pleasant.
I made the yummiest coffee cake evvv-uhr. Believe me when I say it.

You make the batter, pour pecan sauce over it, then bake it. Can you see it glistening?

I also made Salted Caramel Cocoa. With fresh whipped cream. And I mean fresh.
(That link no longer has the caramel sauce recipe so go here instead. This is a really, really great recipe and very versatile too).
Maybe it should have been ice cream!I made mine a coffee. With a little something extra added. I discovered that Salted Irish Cream Caramel Coffee is very tasty indeed. Very.
I will be making these items on the first snow of the season every year. They are winners. In the taste category.As for the nutrition category? Well, I'll just leave that one blank.
What kinds of foods make you feel all warm and snuggly? Any snow traditions (involving food or not).
5 comments:
Good for you - staying cloistered... we need more excuses to do that.
What pretty pictures..salted hot cocoa..I know Starbucks has that! Sounds yummy!!!
-sandy toes
I love staying home when the weather is cold and snowy, all snug and warm inside! :) I am glad you got some down time! :)
Thanks for giving the link to the coffee cake recipe! I love trying new baking recipes! :)
Tiffany, That coffee cake looks soooo yummy. Love the cocoa too. We are house bound too. I'm not a real fan of the cold. I look forward to warmer days already. Have a pleasant day. I will have to try that cocoa. I've never heard of it. Thanks for your prayers about the cow. Kathi
Oh, wow- that cocoa recipe looks so good! :) We're pretty stuck by the snow too. Church has been canceled two weeks in a row!
Merry Christmas!
Blessings,
Michele
Post a Comment