;; But I Had A Tiara: Christmas Craft: Snowman Ornament

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Craft: Snowman Ornament

I combined and idea I saw here with an idea I saw here and we made these snowmen.



Make sure you use microwave popcorn. We used regular popcorn and it turned out okay eventually.

We are going to make some other stuff with clear ball ornaments too. What have you made with them? (They are 50% off right now at Joann's if you can get to one).

I am thankful for the icy weather that is forcing me to NOT finish my Christmas shopping and TO spend time doing fun things with my younger kids. We have several fun things lined up just in case the weather stays icy. What do you do with your kids when you are stranded at home?

7 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Those are so cute and creative! I love them! What a fun craft to do with kids!
-sandy toes

Unknown said...

We do a lot of coloring. Grace loves to color. With markers. And we bake. I like the scent of cookies, cakes, etc. baking in the oven when I'm stuck inside. You can tell this by the size of my hips.

Anonymous said...

That's so creative of you to come up with the snowmen. I checked those links and I liked what I saw there. I'd love to collect Christmas craft ideas that me and my kids can do at home while waiting for Santa to come on Christmas eve :)

Jenni said...

I love your ornaments and think that would be so fun to do with my kids! I bet yours loved doing it with you! :) So far, this week the kids have had so much fun playing out in the snow, I can barely get them inside, but I definitely make a lot of cocoa for them! (With extra marshmallows!)

Oh and thanks for the tip on finding the peppermint oil. I think there is a Whole Foods in Seattle somewhere. I wonder if they would have it at Trader Joe's, now that I am thinking about it. And wow, I knew that peppermint helped with stomach aches, but all the rest is new to me! :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Stay warm! :)

elizabeth embracing life said...

I love the ornaments. I did the glass balls one time and filled them with home made popouri (sp?). Then tied matching ribbons on them.

I have yet to run out of things to do with the kids. Baking is a huge hit. Both David and I have taken turns in the kitchen. Coloring and Lego's. If I just go and sit in front of a box of lego's by myself within minutes all the boys surround me and there we sit for quite a while. My boys are not into crafts which makes me sad because I love crafty things. They will sit for making up stories, and making books too. That has been the biggest hit this week. A story that we make up the night before bed and the write it out and illastrate the next day. By Christmas it will be a cool chapter book to read for the Christmas's to come. I love reading your ideas. They inspire me.

Kathi said...

We play board games and watch Little House dvd's or Andy Griffith. I love those ornaments. Thanks for your thoughtful comments. Kathi

Yule {b}Log said...

I am so not crafty. Really. The only thing I make is my bed. I like seeing what you do. It's wonderful!