As per usual, if you don't want to read my verbosity (heehee, another new word alert!), skip down to the meal plan near bottom...and if you want to see more links for other menus, click here to go to Organizing Junkie's page.
(Sorry if your RSS post alert was sent multiple times. It froze on me and I resent several times.)
I lost weight on Weight Watchers before I had my last baby. I loved it and found it to be pretty easy. So, after this baby, I was determined to lose it all before he turned one. I went back on WW when he was three months old. They accommodate you with extra points so you don't put your milk supply in jeopardy. However, for some reason my milk supply began to dwindle and it made me readjust my thinking. I value nursing my baby high above being my "normal" weight. This is a long story, so I will just say, it took awhile to get back in the weight loss groove.
I tried a few other things (besides WW) to lose weight, but I found that, for me, nothing else was really practical because, well, life happens. I don't want to be at my son's graduation or celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary drinking a protein shake or eating a plain salad with grilled chicken on it. I finally came to my senses and figured out that if I want to be even close to my "normal" size before his second birthday, I better get back on WW.
So, for this edition of MPM, I am going to list a recipe I will be making for ME in addition to my family's plan. It is possible for your family to eat the same foods you do, but this is not what I have found works best for my family since I have to make so much food for so many mouths!
Also, please note, many of my recipes are not sugar free or whole grain, which is how I believe we were meant to eat. I have found that I maintain my weight well eating the "Nourishing Traditions way" or similar to the ideas listed on the Weston Price website, but have not been successful losing weight that way. I think because it is hard to lose weight when you eat fat, because you can only eat such a small amount. I will be exploring this further on my journey and hope to include more whole grains and sugar free foods eventually.
I am working on a new blog which will include my WW thoughts but it is going to take awhile for it to be ready. If you are interested in viewing it when it is ready, please comment or email me and I will notify you when it is ready.
Here is the WW recipe treat I will be eating this week:( I get 23 points per day)
I will divide this into 9 servings, each serving is 3 points (and well worth every single one!)
Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup + 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder(I use espresso powder)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup low fat 1% milk (I use the milk from our cow with the cream poured off)
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 and 2/3 cups boiling water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9 inch square pan with nonstick spray ( I use coconut oil on a paper towel)
Combine flour, granulated sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa, baking powder, espresso powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in center and pour in milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir until just blended then spoon batter evenly into pan.
Combine brown sugar and the additional 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the batter. Gently pour the boiling water in a zigzag fashion over the top; do not stir. Bake until the top of the pudding is set, about 35 minutes. Cool on a rack at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.
FAMILY MEAL PLAN (I try to keep this simple when I am doing WW also)
Note: I always serve a starch, usually brown rice, bread or potatoes and a veggie or salad also.
Monday:Taco Salad (see recipe below)
Tuesday: Lemonade Chicken
Wednesday: Sausage Skillet Supper
Thursday: Seven Layer Tortilla Pie
Friday: Grilled Apple Chicken
Saturday: leftovers
Sunday:Burger Thing At Church
Taco Salad: Cook brown rice. Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning. In separate bowl mix Catalina Salad Dressing, sour cream and salsa to taste. Put rice , beef and dressing mixture in bowl together while still hot. Let sit while you cut up tomato, avocado, green onion, cilantro (or whatever you like to include). Add lettuce and spinach to rice mixture. Add 1 can kidney beans or black beans or 2 cups of your own from dried beans. Serve other veggies on side so they don't get soggy and gross and each person can add what they like. Serve with crushed tortilla chips, Fritos or Doritos
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WW is the only way I've ever been able to lose weight. My family likes the recipes, which really helps.
I was out surfing WW blogs again today- it's time for me to get back on track with watching points again, too. I listed easy family favorites for my menu plan this week (just returned from a trip and I'm too tired, LOL) but next week, I'll be watching points. Let me know when your new blog is up, please!
I too love WW- I was a life-timer but had to recently go back.... That pudding cake looks so darn tasty!
I started Weight Watchers after my last baby, too. I haven't been doing a great job following the plan, though, and I haven't lost anything. I need to get in gear!
I'd love to read your new blog when you get it up and running! Best of luck with WW! You'll do great!
Post a Comment