These are found on a great blog I try to read regularly. Laura has the same, or close to the same, ideas about food and nutrition as we do at our house. We have been making these fabulous cookies at least a couple times a month for over a year and a half. I am sorry I have not shared them with you!
Giant Breakfast Cookies
Tiara's Helpful Hints and Amendments:
* If you do not have buttermilk, mix 1/2 cup milk with 1/2 Tablespoon white vinegar and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. I have also successfully used plain yogurt to replace buttermilk in this and other recipes.
* This recipe is somewhat hard to soak ahead of time because much of the moisture is found in the eggs, which I do not like to leave out all night. It can be done though. Laura, in fact, gives directions at the end of the recipe for doing this.
* In our family, we like to add 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of salt and 2 full teaspoons cinnamon.
* I mix in more than a cup of extras at the end. I usually add a cup or more of fresh fruit such as diced apples or peaches, or zucchini, as well as dried cranberries (most of my family isn't wild about raisins) or coconut. Nuts are also a nice addition.
3 comments:
mu Top 100 Private Server Online Servers
FYI - When I went to her recipe, she has soaking directions that don't include the egg in the soak. :-)
Oh, yum! I am going to try out the Oatmeal cookie! I think my family would love it! :) Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment