
(For tons more menu and recipe ideas, go to OrgJunkie.com)
Since I have such a wide variety of ages of children we are often not all at home for dinner. As a result, this week is the week we will finally be having our Valentine's Day dinner. I am not attached to that day, but I am attached to establishing and maintaining traditions and memories for my family. Wednesday is the day I will make our traditional love dinner. We will also be having company for dinner this year so I am even more excited.
I like to try one new recipe at least every couple of weeks. This week, upon the suggestion of OrgJunkie, I am trying Chicken Spaghetti from Pioneer Woman. I'll let you know how it goes.
I am also trying Buttermilk Pot Roast. My friend who is studying Judaism informed me last week it is not Kosher to cook meat and dairy at once. So if I ever decide to try to be Kosher, well, this recipe is out. But I really want to try it because I don't like chewy meat and I know that milk tenderizes meat.
Enough already. I gotta get this posted or I am going to be number 436 on the link up and no one will look at my menu.
Have a great week!
Wednesday: Brass Horn Chicken Pasta, Cranberry and Sugared Walnut Salad with Feta, Fresh Bread with real butter, Heart's Delight Eclair, Shirley Temples, Sparkling Cider
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Eat Out
5 comments:
What are spud nachos? Intriguing.
I hear ya on getting posted- we live in Scotland- so even tho we are 5-8 hrs ahead of the US, it's the middle of the night for us when y'all all start posting Sunday night!! ;)
Emily
Emily, The Spud Nachos are linked to the recipe.It wasn't showing up any different than the other items so I went in and changed the color for all of the clickable ones. It is alot like regular nachos but you use potatoes rather than chips. We love it and so does everyone I know who has tried it. Thank you Rachel Ray!
Yea- the spud nachos are a RR recipe- love hers! So is my lemon chicken: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/lemon-chicken-recipe/index.html
Baps are Scottish rolls (we live in Scotland right now for my husband to get a PhD).
I love the name of your blog btw. :)
I was blessed to get Pioneer Woman's new cookbook a week or so ago. I will have to try new stuff in a week when I am able to eat like that again. Let me know how the spaghetti turns out. Much love.
I just discovered your blog...love the title:) The buttermilk pot roast works really well in the crock pot if you want to give that a try. I would love for you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday whenever you can. Are you still doing your soup Sunday event? It sounds like something I might like to try.
Post a Comment