I first remember hearing of Haiti in 1980. It was the year St. Helens blew it's top in our neck of the woods. It's the year my brother Josh was born. It's the year my sister went to Haiti. Haiti in '80.
To this day, this is how I remember when St. Helens exploded and also when each of my siblings were born (I have alot of them).
I know my sister went to Haiti in '80.
I know my little brother Josh was born the year my sister went to Haiti.
I know how much older/younger each sibling is in relation to another, so this little rhyme works well.

My Older and Wiser Sister is on the bottom row, second from the right, in a blue top.
They were constructing a building with Teen Missions International in a little mission called Christianville.

I think I'll change my rhyme, for now, to
80 FOR Haiti
$80.00?
80 praying friends?
Actively doing something for Haiti for 80 days?
If you could dream anything, what kind of 80 would you give to Haiti?

3 comments:
Nice to have you back and blogging. I am so thankful to my many friends who continue to keep Haiti in our thoughts and prayers. This is the type of thing that we can not think about once the news stops its coverage. May we continue to lift everyone in prayer. Thanks again for the reminders. Much love to you.
80 minutes of pryayer every week.
80 waterbottles to send.
80 businesses to solicit donations.
This was a beautiful reminder T, thanks for sharing. e
Post a Comment