;; But I Had A Tiara: Menu Plan Monday

Monday, October 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



Menu Plan Monday is hosted by
orgjunkie.com. You can see WAY more plans if you go there!

Don't forget to check out all of the soup recipes that are being linked here on But I Had A Tiara! on Saturdays -- and add some yourself. For more info, click here.


You may have asked yourself at some point if my family is starving because I usually only list a main dish. I just want to reassure you that I DO give them a produce dish and a starch as well. I just keep those things on hand at all times. Unless I am making an actual dish (i.e. not just steaming or slicing or whatever) I don't usually list it here.


This week:

Monday: My Older and Wiser Sister's Taco Soup (we have our small groups for church tonight and this is a crockpot recipe)

Tuesday: Sticky Chicken (My friend Steph makes this and lookie here -- I found the recipe online so didn't have to type it out:) I still have whole chickens to use up. Serve with RR's Jalapeno Rice

Wednesday: Cranberry Nut Turkey Salad over Homemade Buns (or greens or store bought croissants, if I don't get the buns made). I am going to attempt to adapt Laura's buns slightly, only so I can let the breadmaker do all of the work for me until it is time to do the final punching down and forming into individual buns. Don't worry Laura, I won't make your buns look too weird;)

Thursday: Escondido Wedding Soup (Book Club this morning so make meatballs on Wednesday)

Friday: Nacho Spuds

Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday: Chalupas (adaptation of this basic recipe). Serve with homemade corn tortillas from the Mexican family, and fixins such as avocado, cilatro, sour cream, etc. It is so lovely after church to walk into a home that smells good. And to be able to feed hungery tummies quickly too.


2 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

LOL - we had taco soup tonight too! (My bowl was very mild!)

SuperDave said...

I will give you 20 bucks a day if you make each of those meals for me. 25 if you deliver! My wife called from work and asked what I made for my daughter and I for dinner. I looked at my plate and proudly said Tater Tots and French fries. There was a long pause. She replied, you made potatoes and potatoes? I meant to grab Fish Sticks. Ok, I'll make it 30 bucks, final answer.