For more menu plans, go to orgjunkie.com
If you enjoy soup, please come back for my new carnival "Soups On! Saturday (details here) and share soups you love or find some new favorites.
I realized I have several whole chickens in the freezer that have been in there awhile so I need to use them soon. Not to mention, we will be getting our fresh ground beef from an entire cow we are buying and splitting with some other families. So I may need the freezer space too!
So I will be making at least one recipe using a whole chicken each week until we use them up. The recipe for Tuesday is from a farm that raises and sells fresh, pastured meat and dairy products. Chrissie is a creative cook who enjoys using local and sustainably grown foods. I am also looking forward to using her brine method including lemon essential oil also listed on her website, maybe next week!
Have a blessed week!
Monday: leftover Cheesy Ham and Rice Soup (scroll down on that page for recipe) and Em's Potato Soup with homemade bread machine whole wheat bread
Tuesday:Kookoolan Farms Moroccan-Style Grilled Poultry
(must scroll way down for recipe, but other very different, interesting recipes on page)
Moroccan Mashed Potatoes
Raita (cucumber yogurt condiment) with Pita bread
Wednesday:Mexican Lasagne (substitute 1 layer of noodles with zucchini) served with Cornbread (bread machine)
Thursday:French Onion Soup (scroll down on that page for recipe), carrot sticks
Friday: 7 Layer Tortilla Pie, green salad or veggie sticks
Saturday: Leftover Buffet
Sunday: Escondido Wedding Soup
6 comments:
I made some grilled chicken last week with very similar spices to the Moroccan chicken and it was so good!
I'll be back next Saturday for the soups!
Sherry
http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com/2008/10/menu-plan-monday.html
Great menu!
Interested in the soup carnival. I will be back! LOVE soup!
Thank you for your comment, I would love to post about my lentil Swiss chard soup, it was wonderful!
Thanks for your comment on my Menu plan! I will deffinetly link my lentil soup recipe to your soups on Saturday next week.
Your menu sounds delicious
What a yummy menu! I'll definitely be back for the soup carnival!
I'm excited about the soup carnival! We have soup nights about once a week from September through March, whether it's cold enough for it or not! I'll definitely be back!
Post a Comment