Menu Plan Monday
Thanks for looking at my menu and recipes. I try to have recipes or links for most of my meal plans as I find it so much more useful when I look at other's meal plans and they are included.
Please come back on Saturdays for my Soup's On! Saturday carnival!
When I am planning my menu, I try to make sure I also think about my schedule and that of the family. If I am going to be gone all day, I try to plan for a crockpot meal. With children ranging in age from 2 years old to 18 years old, our schedules can be erratic, and often at least one member is not at the table with us at dinner time. I try to plan nicer meals for evenings when I know all or most of us will be sitting around the table together.
Sometimes one meal works better on a different night than I originally schedule it. And that's just fine. This way at least I have a basic framework to pull from, so I know I have ingredients on hand, I know what I need to thaw, etc.
If you go back and look at my Menu Plan Monday from last week, I have added a note after each evening to show what we actually ate on each night. I hope to remember to do this each week. That way you can see that you are not alone if your meals don't always go as planned. And I can look back and see any amendments I made.
This week, I have ground beef, salmon I bought on sale, and whole chickens in our freezers, so I am planning at least one recipe for each of these.
My 13 year old has been having a hankering for steak, so I plan to make steak from the freezer next week. I have not prepared steak too often and,while I can find recipes online, I wonder if any of you have a great marinade or a way you make your steaks that I should try? If so, can you email me or post it in comments? Thank you!
(Actual: As planned, yummy. Whole family loved. Adjusted spices a bit to make it spicier.)
Tuesday: Creamy Dill Salmon and Vegetable Rice Medley (ingredients ready in freezer)
(Actual: I was still sickly so leftovers were had tonight)
Wednesday: Firecracker Casserole
(Actual: Came home to an almost dead chicken so had to invent another, quicker option so I could make believe I know how to cure injured/sick chickens.)
Thursday: Shish Tawook Marinated Chicken ( made with whole chicken), Homemade Hummus (basic recipe in book Nourishing Traditions but I add cilantro and etc.) , Tabouli (from Nourishing Traditions), Homemade Pita Bread,
Friday: Beefy BBQ Macaroni with Homemade BBQ Sauce
Saturday: FAMILY NIGHT (I hope!)
Build Your Own Pizza using Laura's Whole Wheat Pizza Crust recipe
Sunday: Chalupa served with tortillas, avocado, tomato, sour cream, green onions, cheese....
For more menu ideas go to www.orgjunkie.com
3 comments:
I have marinated in balsamic oil..it is good!
-sandy toes
THANK YOU for posting the pita bread recipe.
I've tried a gluten-free recipe that didn't really come out pocket-y, but it didn't dawn on me to try a regular recipe w/gluten-free all-purpose flour.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE homemade hummus & tabouli!!! Especially in pita pockets. I haven't gotten that far in the N.T. cookbook. It will be interesting to see how different they are from my own. The tabouli recipe I go from is on the package of Bob's Red Mill Quinoa. YUM!!!!
Love the pita pocket link, we'll have to give that a try soon!!
www.RaisingPeanuts.com
Post a Comment