My blogging has dropped off considerably the past few weeks. It’s mostly because AT&T decided to change it’s Laptop Connect package and not provide anything comparable.
Living in the country, I don’t have access to WiFi. And, well, a couple of my sons decided to watch a movie on my computer. That used up most of what was left of my October service package and I was left with DIAL-UP, people!
I could write quite alot about AT&T and it’s decision to be way behind in internet communication outside of an iPhone. It would bore you, so I won’t. But this loyal customer of 14 years is not happy.
The AT&T debacle was on the heels of my writer acting up and…oh, forget it. I’ve been having computer and program woes. I’ll leave it at that. And then I will tell you that I *think* I am back. Pending another AT&T interference. Or a teenager using up my airtime.
Another reason could be that I have been dejunking like mad. I’ve pretty much been busy 24/7, except for a little bit of sleep in between tasks. And in between carrying my elder brother on my back, uphill, in a tornado with barefeet, nah, let's say Laboutin's on. I've barely eaten and my nose is cold.
And my husband was gone for a week to Haiti, then a week to Germany, back-to-back.
And it has been gray here so I get a little sleepy anyway. Yawn. The past couple days have been unseasonably warm, so I am not complaining, just sayin’.
And I'm teething.
And I need a nap.
Excuses, excuses.
I think we FINALLY have our school schedule down. Since we changed our curriculum altogether, I have been adding additional subjects a little at a time. This week marks the first week all subjects are added in and I think it is going to be okay, other than the fact that we could use another couple of computers since we all do Spanish on my laptop and two of the kids have math lessons on DVD. But we're making do (oh, there's another reason -- I don't get my computer much these days!) I don’t think I have ruined one kid while trying to reach another in a language he/she can understand. But the jury is still out.There are days when I wonder...
Tonight I am going to watch the rest of Gone With The Wind with a couple of my kids. So maybe tomorrow I will get caught up on all of your blogs.
Happy Autumn!
(Oh Drat! Doesn't the clock "fall behind" this week?)
2 comments:
Hilariously funny, although I'm sure it was also a pain not to write because of computer issues outside of yourself. We have Verizon and there are times when the wind will interfere with our modem's signal strength. As an online college instructor, that is murder when you're trying to meet deadlines. I've also had about 1-1/2 weeks where my world went topsy-turvy and the plan to blog in 2-3 days turned into 8 days with no posts.
Anyway, it's good that you're back and able to laugh about it all. What curriculum did you switch from/ to? Just curious.
Very cute and funny!
Post a Comment